Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:47:51 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Guy Here Needs Some Help!  (Read 2937 times)
James_P
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
James_P pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2012, 04:48:57 PM »

Hey guys, I'm new here and also new to the accord world. i bought the car a couple of weeks ago, and I'm slowly working on it. The headlights that are currently on the car have a lot of oxidation, and I'm looking for new headlights with the black housing. My question is which brand should i go with for the headlights? Btw i have a graphite pearl accord
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 09:18:47 PM »

Depo housings are what most people end up getting.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:53:42 PM »

Or if you're feeling handy, bake them open, do a proper retrofit and paint the housings yourself. Follow that with a wet sand on the lenses followed by some clear.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 12:25:25 AM »

Or if you're feeling handy, bake them open, do a proper retrofit and paint the housings yourself. Follow that with a wet sand on the lenses followed by some clear.
A heat gun would probably be easier than baking them.

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »

I've used both methods and the oven method is actually better than the heat gun.  Unfortunately, the OP wasn't asking about a retrofit.  I think he just wants to drop the cash to get fresh blackhoused headlights instead of dumping in a ton of work.  I can understand that.  It's always nice to start with minty parts.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
James_P
Fucking Newb

James_P pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »

Im just looking for new housings now because i have already wetsanded and polished my lenses and they still arnt as good as i wish. I always wanted to do a retro fit, and probably will end up doing them with the new housings. Any suggestions on where to buy the housings?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 09:19:01 AM »

Ebay or Amazon.  You can find them for around $120-150 a set.

Tim
James_P
Fucking Newb

James_P pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 09:32:56 AM »

Thanks guya for the help. Will post pictures when installed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012