Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 05:47:10 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying something out.... any help?  (Read 4764 times)
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2010, 04:24:08 PM »

Ok so here is my list of parts:

1. (1) Volume control with input rca and output rca connections (see picture #1)
2. (2) High/Low Converters (rca connection one end and speaker wire on the other (see picture #2)
3. (2) Standard rca to rca cables
4. Speaker wires

What I was trying to do was have an external speaker wired to my interior speakers but be able to control the level of output when I wanted with the volume control.

Got everything hooked up and nada exclaim mad

What I did was run speaker wire from one speaker into the high/low converter and then hooked up the rca cablesfrom that into the volume control on the input side.

Next I ran the other set of rca cables from the output connection on the volume control into the othe high/low converter and then ran speaker wire from that the exterior speaker.

Again nada... Sad does anyone have experience with rca to speaker wire connections question

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:35:21 PM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 05:26:12 PM »

try running straight to speaker...maybe your little knob thing has a short

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 12:19:59 AM »

Billy, it's not going to work.  The LOC will take a high voltage signal (speaker wire) and attenuate it to a low voltage signal or line level signal (rca).  Even if you had it connected with speaker wire and an in line speaker wire volume control (variable resistor), it will damage your amplifier.  You're going about it all wrong.  I guarantee that you will damage something if you try connecting another speaker this way.

FYI, impotence means you can't get your dick hard.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 09:46:11 AM »

There's pills for that.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 10:34:53 PM »

Lolz, might have gotten the word mixed up... Ah alrighty then folks. I ordered a regular speaker selector so maybe that will work to my benefit.

So another question would be Tim, what would I use that volume control for with the rca ends...?

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 12:13:59 PM »

Honestly, I would rethink your process.  Since I'm not familiar with your current audio set up, maybe you can give me a better idea so I can help you.  Are you using an OEM or aftermarket head unit?  Are you running any amps right now, or are your speakers powered from your head unit?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 05:23:10 PM »

Honestly, I would rethink your process.  Since I'm not familiar with your current audio set up, maybe you can give me a better idea so I can help you.  Are you using an OEM or aftermarket head unit?  Are you running any amps right now, or are your speakers powered from your head unit?

I have an aftermarket headunit installed and 1 amp. The amp is powering my subs only. As for the interior speakers they are running straight from the aftermarket head unit. I just basically wanted to add an external speaker and be able to adjust the volume and turn on/off as needed.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 08:55:55 PM »

You may be better off picking up a cheap amp to power that speaker.  That would be the correct way to do what you want.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:23:20 PM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 08:12:07 PM »

Thanks for the input Tim...

[rethinking]  Undecided

InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 09:18:15 PM »

Didnt Jay (1Sickslvrgen7) have an external speaker hooked up to his system? Maybe you can ask him how he went about getting that hooked up.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 10:28:59 PM »

Didnt Jay (1Sickslvrgen7) have an external speaker hooked up to his system? Maybe you can ask him how he went about getting that hooked up.

Yea he did or still does... I will text him!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012