Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:36:52 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sub Problem  (Read 3571 times)
Micis8492
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
Micis8492 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2010, 08:07:17 PM »

hey im pretty new to the forum, but i have a problem that hopefully someone can answer.. I have a pair of 12 inch Kicker cvr's in my trunk. I had them installed by bestbuy back in october. Nothing has gone wrong since then. But lately my electrical systems have kinda been messed up. My window controls will turn off for a few seconds at a time. is that just normal? the other problem is, sometimes i will just turn my car on, or shut the door and the subs will go turn on when the radio is still off. once i turn the radio on, they go off until the song starts to play. Today was the worst as i was just hitting bumps and they would turn on. Anybody else have this problem before? its not a huge deal, just an annoyance..
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:23:25 PM »

Sounds like a shitty install.  I'm not surprised if Worst Buy did the install.  Do you have the OEM h/u or an aftermarket h/u?  What about your amp?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Micis8492
Fucking Newb

Micis8492 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:27:08 PM »

yeah i wont be going back to them.. and im not really sure. They sold me a kenwood 1800 watt amp. im not sure what the model is though. and i have a stock navi system. I did get an isimple i pod adapter put in though (by a local audio install place though)
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 10:39:55 PM »

Did they use a line out converter?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Micis8492
Fucking Newb

Micis8492 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »

yeah they needed to install that to work with the factory radio. that's hanging in the trunk.
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 11:05:44 AM »

It sounds like the remote on the amp is going bad.   Check to see if when the radio is off the amp is on...

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 11:49:53 AM »

Quote from: "Micis8492"
yeah they needed to install that to work with the factory radio. that's hanging in the trunk.

if it is literally hanging, id say that may be your problem.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 02:10:59 PM »

I agree with David and the silly Dominican.  Those are two things you'll want to check out.

Tim
Micis8492
Fucking Newb

Micis8492 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »

yeah, it is literally hanging.. ill get on that and tape that up or something. and the amp was still on when the radio was on, but when the car was off it stayed off thankfully. thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012