Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:04:29 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone know how the f500bt work?  (Read 5147 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2009, 12:45:44 AM »

Alright so I was checking out decks and stuff. and i found that the f500bt can be integrated with oem system? I am not an audio guy so I have a lot of questions. I google it and for the gen8 accord they are using the aux to get to to connect. I was wondering if this is an good idea? *probably not right*? anyways does anyone know how to hardwire it into the car oem harness so I can playing using the f500 itself and bypass the whole oem radio.

As for mounting location i want to mount it in the cubby hole and keep the door so I can close it when I leave the car. I am probably going to get the amp with it also. Sooo any help will be good.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:52:37 AM »

I wouldn't do that.  I'll say it a million times over, yet nobody listens.  DO NOT USE YOUR OEM H/U IF YOU HAVE AN AFTERMARKET H/U!  It is a waste of time any money to even consider hooking it up and won't sound good anyway.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 02:50:08 AM »

I just want the bluetooth + gps capiblities. It uses the oem radio to tell u where to turn and stuff.

I checked out the bluetooth from blueant and its 80 bucks gps is min 100 and I want a larger screen since I am having a hard time reading smaller print. 3.5in screen just doesn't cut it anymore for me. so yeah i though maybe I can do a all in one integration instead of having like 2 things hanging all over my car. I can have it in 1 simple location.

As for the radio. OEM is alright for me so if the f500bt is not worst then that I am willing to do it since it cost less then 200 bucks right now.

phunctional

Reputation Power: 0
phunctional pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 11:46:16 AM »

im interested in this unit as well although when you go to crutchfield and enter your car model year and make it does not include that component in the list of compatable things for our cars, so i just figured it wouldnt work

CM82
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 11:58:56 AM »

Thats because Crutchfield doesn't account for custom installs. This could be a viable option for a double din in the OEM location but I haven't read the specs on this competely. From what I have read, it brings external audio/ video components together in one location like other high dollar HU. I need to look into this further.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 08:50:16 PM »

okay I found more info. So basically if you want to integrate this unit your going to need the f500bt+ amp that is made of the kit+ and aux converter with RCA input. So basically if you want to use it for bluetooth, navi, and mp3/ipod you switch it to aux. If you want the radio/ cd player you use the oem deck. Hope that makes sense.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 08:55:19 PM »

I want to know if it can be a standalone unit. I don't care for radio or CDs.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 04:20:02 AM »

Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
okay I found more info. So basically if you want to integrate this unit your going to need the f500bt+ amp that is made of the kit+ and aux converter with RCA input. So basically if you want to use it for bluetooth, navi, and mp3/ipod you switch it to aux. If you want the radio/ cd player you use the oem deck. Hope that makes sense.

Could be done, but you can't listen to music and hear the Navigation at the same time. If someone calls you, you have to hit Aux on the OEM unit, then accept the call on the F500, then switch back to CD or FM or whatever after the call. Sounds like too much hassle. I'd drop the extra couple hundred for the F90BT or the new X series that don't lag and have software that Pioneer actually developed. The 3.0 firmware for the F series just came out though.

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
I want to know if it can be a standalone unit. I don't care for radio or CDs.

The F500BT is a portable Navi/Bluetooth solution kind of like a Garmin. I don't think it even has a CD player.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 01:39:54 PM »

yeah the f500bt is like a hybrid unit since it doesn't have a CD player you gotta use the oem radio. I want to see if it can fit in the cubby hole so when I close it no one will know it is there. Keep it in sleeper mode.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 01:46:47 PM »

That's fucking retarded then. The hunt continues.

Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 03:11:00 AM »

yeah the f500bt is like a hybrid unit since it doesn't have a CD player you gotta use the oem radio. I want to see if it can fit in the cubby hole so when I close it no one will know it is there. Keep it in sleeper mode.

Well, if there is an external amplifier available for it, which is what I think you said, you could probably hook the amp up to your speakers and maybe have your OEM radio as an Aux input to the F500. I don't really know much about the 500 or its capabilities but I would still not recommend having the 500 as an aux input to your OEM H/U if it could be avoided.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 09:35:28 PM »

I will be hooking up the f500bt soon. Just waiting for a few more parts.

thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 07:05:13 PM »

Alright I should have it by tuesday.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 09:23:25 AM »

I will be hooking up the f500bt soon. Just waiting for a few more parts.

Glad to see you took our advice.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012