Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:46:11 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of audio system do our cars have?  (Read 3565 times)
mtgtopdeck
Fucking Newb

Top Deck

Reputation Power: 1
mtgtopdeck pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2011, 01:45:12 AM »

I don't see any sticky or anything with a list of specifications about our audio systems.

What do I have in my car (speakers+sizes, oem amp)?
I have a 05 coupe EX-L w/ navigation
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:33:05 AM »

I'm not sure if the amplifier power is listed anywhere.  You just want to know the speaker size?  Is there some reason why you want to know this stuff?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
quickkick127

Reputation Power: 0
quickkick127 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »

Well I know the doors are 6.5 while the rear decks are 6x9's.  Do our cars have oem amps? Even the non-nav models?  If so, is that 12rms or 20watts per channel number you gave me about how much power the head unit puts out including the amp?

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 10:32:59 AM »

The amplifier is integrated in the head unit.  Our cars do not have external amplifiers.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mtgtopdeck
Fucking Newb

Top Deck

mtgtopdeck pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »

I'm not sure if the amplifier power is listed anywhere.  You just want to know the speaker size?  Is there some reason why you want to know this stuff?

Well I kind of just want to know the full specs of the whole system so I can be 100% sure about what I need to get to replace and/or add things to it.

I've read in a few posts on v6p that people have used 5.5" in front or other sizes. And also seen different size tweeters being talked about. So I'm trying to get some
hard facts about our systems.

Does anyone feel up to creating a short straight forward list of our eom audio systems?
I would really really appreciate it and I know many others will too!
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »

biggest tweeters to fit in factory locations are about 1" diamater. i have alpine type r components all around and i had to cut out the factory trim around the factory tweeter part that pops off the dash. i just used hot glue to hold it in place on the sides and its been fine forever.

if you do something with a big magnet in front doors for speakers you will NEED spacers either 1/2" or 1" spacers depending on magnet depth. i used i think 1". you can fit 5 1/2" or 5 1/4" but you'll have to re use the factory snap in ring and cut out the oem speaker (the blue cone) and figure out a way to mount it in there. or i think Scosche has the oem adapters.

i put 6.5" in 6x9 adapter plates with tweeter holes for the rear deck.

like tim said, there is no factory amp, even if it says premium audio system (which i have)

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 08:18:23 PM »

There's not hard set rules that say that all 6.5" speakers will fit in your doors.  The reason is because they all have different mounting depths.  There are a few ways around this, like Rich mentioned by using spacer rings.  I installed some Alpine Type X speakers in another members car and they tweeter depth in the stock location didn't clear, so I had to cut out some of the dash to get them to fit.

Tim
mtgtopdeck
Fucking Newb

Top Deck

mtgtopdeck pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 11:28:31 PM »

Thank you guys so much for such in-depth info so quickly Shocked

I love this forum so much for that reason! everyone is seriously awesome haha
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print