Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:58:11 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question about my stereo.  (Read 12493 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 07:59:18 AM »

What do you have?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 09:16:57 AM »

As far as if the tweeters will fit, I don't know.  I've done installs where they fit just fine in the stock location and other installs where you have to cut the shit out of everything to get enough clearance.  I would only suggest that you choose a 2nd location in case the tweeters you want don't fit there.

As far as tuning your amp, it kinda depends on what you're running.  Honestly, there are no rules for tuning an amp, other than using your ears.  One thing I would suggest is that you tune the crossover frequency of the rear speakers higher than the front speakers. 

To give you an example:
My front speakers are crossed over with a high pass filter at 80 Hz and a 12 dB slope.
My rear speakers are crossed over with a high pass filter at 100 Hz and a 12 dB slope.

These are just general recommendations, and most amplifiers don't have the kind of precision that my audio processor has.  If you post a link to the owners manual for your amp, I can take a look and see what adjustments you have available.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
telavani
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
telavani pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2011, 02:20:37 AM »

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-P6900UB this is the headunit I am using.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Audio/Mobile-Electronics/Power-Amplifiers/Operating-Instructions/model.CY-PA2003U.O
This is the amp I am using.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=15
And these are the subs I am using.

I have them hooked up one to each
Channel someone told me to bridge them but I thought it would be a bad idea to bridge it and hook two speakers up to one bridged channel. Also the subs are in a sealed box that is quite a bit larger than what the recommended specs ask for. Hope this helps!!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 10:41:32 PM »

Okay, here's the problem.  The amp you posted a link for, does not have an owners manual available.  The tech specs do not say that it can be it can be bridged.  Since there's a lack of info there, I wouldn't try it until you confirmed with Panasonic first.  I'm guessing that it can't be, otherwise it would be listed.  The other problem is that you listed two different subs.  It's really hard to say how they should be wired up if you don't know what you're working with. 

The last thing that I will try and make you aware of is that if your box isn't the appropriate size for your subs, you will not get good sound and they will be damaged.  The manufacturers make these recommendations for you to get the best sound quality, but also because if the box is too big or too small, the suspension of the sub will not work properly, the cone will move laterally, causing heat in the voice coil, and it will eventually fail.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 01:48:56 AM »

I don't see the two separate Subs listed it's the 10w1v2 4 ohm subs though as far as the amp goes I have a copy in PDF format on my computer when I get back from vacation next week I can send it to you if you want to pm me your email. Any other info you need just let me know

Edit( sry I'm dumb I see what you mean by two diff subs it the 10w1v2-4)
telavani
Fucking Newb

telavani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2011, 11:47:40 PM »

Here are pics of the adjustments and connections sry didn't have a copy of the manual anymore

Also if you need the manual for the head unit I can provide that
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012