Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:58:40 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The K-Pro Thread  (Read 92712 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2010, 11:03:20 AM »

Kinda funny how it looks like the harness is backwards in the picture.  Anyway, that's a huge bummer. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »

Well that certainly puts a damper on my getting the harness and re-pinning it for my setup later on down the road.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2010, 06:57:35 PM »

There are other options Z.  Trust me.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 01, 2010, 04:50:41 AM »

Noted.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 04, 2010, 09:55:05 PM »

I read the guide here. Read a couple of threads open. But I want more info.

I'm interested in gettin a chip from hondata but don't know which one is right for my 05 accord auto.

I also want to know what are the gains of having k-pro? I think I know a couple but nothing concrete.

Thanks guys
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: October 04, 2010, 10:11:36 PM »

I think the general consensus was that if you're not building your motor, or not getting forced induction, you should stick with the stock ECU. I have an 05 accord auto as well, and have some bolt-ons, but don't plan on getting kpro because the gains don't justify the cost.

Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 04, 2010, 10:15:45 PM »

I think the general consensus was that if you're not building your motor, or not getting forced induction, you should stick with the stock ECU. I have an 05 accord auto as well, and have some bolt-ons, but don't plan on getting kpro because the gains don't justify the cost.
Perfectly said, thanks. I was wondering abt that
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2010, 01:43:06 AM »

You could have posted your question in an existing thread.  Please don't create a new thread when there is already a thread that covers the topic.  There is no reason to have multiple threads on the same topic.  In the end, having multiple threads just creates clutter and confusion.  I'm merging your thread with the existing K-Pro thread.  Please continue to post any questions you may have in the existing K-Pro thread instead of creating a new thread.

Tim
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2010, 08:03:52 PM »

Interesting thing I did. I have an auto with Kpro. Ive always noticed the temp gauge in the cluster to be slow and only read about 1/3 of the range.

I made a thread a while ago about my transmission not going into 5th gear. I found out the reason. Its due to the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor(ECT). 03-04 accords only have one ECT sensor and that signal has to be split up in order for the two ECUs to function. This lowers the voltage and messes up the info. Splitting the signal effectively lowers the perceived temperature.

This lowering of the temp causes 1) the temp gauge to not indicate proper temp 2) Prevents the auto transmission from shifting to 5th and locking the torque converter 3) the Kpro is constantly trying to enrichen the mixture b/c it still thinks its warming up.

I added an ECT sensor inline with the IACV hoses. It was done with a brass T fitting. And I used the outputs from the sensor and pinned them to B6(ECT) of the Kproed ecu and A23(SG2) of the stock ECU. Now the temp gauge acts like normal! and the car goes into 5th and shifts better! Kpro also registers the proper temp of around 195 degrees instead of the original 165.

I hope this helps, maybe it'll work for MT accords too.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2010, 10:43:36 PM »

I had a conversation with Cham about this also.  The way he has it wired is that the sensor is wired in parallel, reducing the voltage like Ryan said.  I looked at the wiring for the sensor, and there's no way to wire the 2 ecu's in series to the one sensor.  I may get a 2nd sensor to use also.  My ECT usually sits at about 154º under normal driving.

Tim
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2010, 03:11:53 AM »

Yeah at the 150 ish it sometimes will try to add excess fuel. If you get another sensor the temp will tell the kpro that its warm. I think it'll make for more consistent performance. I know if I go downhill my ECT drops dramatically to as low as 120. Im pretty sure the Kpro tries to do the cold enrichment even tho the engine is warm. This makes the A/F slightly richer sometimes I get a hesitation when I get on the gas with my SC tune due to the fuel dump. You might earn some MPG! But this is just a guess I haven't been in my normal routine, so I'm not sure if this would help in that situation.

As a note if you are going to do this:
1) Plug the ECT+T-Fitting into the IACV
2) Run the Engine without the ECT hooked up the ECU yet, Bleed coolant.
3) Turn off engine then wire up the new ECT
4) Perform Idle learn after car has cooled down.

Make sure that none of the IACV hoses aren't leaking and you have bled the system. An air bubble can be caught around the sensor otherwise. This WILL throw a code. Most likely ECT High Voltage and your car won't start. The ECT reads water not air temp.

Sorry, I've been studying for my Zoology midterms and needed a break.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 03:14:41 AM by neoryan7 » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2010, 01:03:47 PM »

I just thought about it some more, and because I have a PLX OBDII gauge connected to my KPro ECU, I really don't need to use the gauge in my cluster.  I never pay attention to that one anyway and always read from my PLX gauge.  I may just cut the wires going to the Accord ECU since I really don't need that gauge to work.  I'm going to have a new harness built with these changes.

Tim
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2010, 08:57:35 PM »

Yeah that would work too. I want to get a new harness too, mine is pretty hacked up but I don't have the ability to run w/o it anymore.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2010, 10:21:09 PM »

I need to get Cham's secrets and start helping him.  I could probably build a harness a day if I had the parts.

Tim
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2010, 02:42:31 AM »

Yeah, its not too hard. Its just tedious. I talked to boomslang a few years ago and he did mention he can sell me the parts to make my own harness. I don't know how much or if they do this anymore.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012