Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:17:47 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Front License Plate Options  (Read 10053 times)
MTsixspeed

Reputation Power: 2
MTsixspeed pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 08:06:08 PM »

Quote from: "NWINNIE34"
strut kings license plate re-locator kit, i had one and it worked great

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalo ... ts_id=3097

$20

$20 for that?! LOL. That gives me a couple ideas though. I'll fabricate something at work out of aluminum. Maybe I can come up with my own design and begin selling it for $19/ea!

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 08:09:09 PM »

everyone who has fabbed up their own brackets, could you please post pictures?

I have an idea of what I want to do, but want to see what you all have before I go at it.

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 10:55:05 PM »

^just click on my profile page.. you can see the two L brackets kind of in the "mugshots" section.  it's literally just two "L" brackets from home depot... $5 maybe? then bolted onto the underside of that opening on the bumper.  you can put a little bit of foam tape on the bottom edge of your license plate, as it will probably hit the bottom part of the opening, so that it doesn't scratch the paint.  you can even paint the L brackets prior to installation so they aren't seen as easily. if you want more detailed pictures of the whole thing let me know, I'll try to get some for you.

-brian
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 05:01:12 PM »

Quote from: "b_beau_09"
^just click on my profile page.. you can see the two L brackets kind of in the "mugshots" section.  it's literally just two "L" brackets from home depot... $5 maybe? then bolted onto the underside of that opening on the bumper.  you can put a little bit of foam tape on the bottom edge of your license plate, as it will probably hit the bottom part of the opening, so that it doesn't scratch the paint.  you can even paint the L brackets prior to installation so they aren't seen as easily. if you want more detailed pictures of the whole thing let me know, I'll try to get some for you.

ahh okay, so you just have them bolted to the bumper itself?

I think i'm going to try to fab up something to mount to the stock bolt locations...basically look the same as a stock bracket, but it will be sitting in the opening gap rather than on the bumper itself

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
MTsixspeed

MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 09:15:32 PM »

Just don't block too much air from getting in though that opening and to your radiator.

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 09:38:33 PM »

I don't get the purpose of relocation from center...it makes it look out of square

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 02:17:34 AM »

Quote from: "sherker55"
I don't get the purpose of relocation from center...it makes it look out of square

if you are referring to my idea, i'm still going to have it center, just in that gap

Chris: Ya I was thinking about that too lol...maybe make some vent holes in the license plate...i'm sure that is perfectly legal lol

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010, 08:33:43 AM »

It's based on preferance. Some cars even come with them off to the side from the factory
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2010, 12:46:59 PM »

There are 2 reasons.  The more common reason is because of how it looks.  The less common reason is because the plate is blocking the radiator or intercooler reducing air flow.

Quote from: "mnkyman"
if you are referring to my idea, i'm still going to have it center, just in that gap

That's not a good idea Sam.  You're basically blocking your radiator and reducing it's efficiency and effectiveness by doing that.  I'd recommend another alternative that will not affect your engine cooling.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 10:41:16 AM »

I found this today.

http://forums.yuppieracing.net/showthread.php?t=4204

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
MTsixspeed

MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »

Good one, Tim. I found this link through yours: http://gominigo.com/NHLPB-main.html

This makes me wish our cars had the tow hook point in the bumper!

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 08:33:37 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"

hmm i like this one and at only $10 at autozone, it's worth a try

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
MTsixspeed

MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2010, 09:41:57 AM »

Just make sure you paint or clear coat it, Sam. Like someone posted on that site, it's made of steel and will rust if you don't take preventative measure.

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012