Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:08:35 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gauging Interest: RonJon Bodykit for 7th Gen Sedans  (Read 5841 times)
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2009, 12:06:06 PM »

I've been talking with Ron from RonJon about trying to finally get his 7th gen Accord Sedan bodykit into production.  They tried several years ago but were unsuccessful in getting the group buy started and decided not to produce the kit.  This is the last chance to finally get us Sedan owners a quality kit without paying thousands for the Mugen/Modulo kits.

Talking with Ron, we decided that while a polyurethane kit would have been nice, but realistically the price would just be too high.  It was decided to use ABS plastic instead.  The full kit would include the front + 2 side skirts + rear. Here are the pictures of the kit.  

Please note that you can either choose the full kit or just individual parts.  

Group Buy Prices will be:

Front - $450
Side pair - $220
Rear - $290
Full kit - $960

The kits would come fully prepped and primed, ready for paint.  

If you want the full kit, there will also be a $150-$250 freight delivery charge (depends on how far from CA you are).  If you only want a specific piece of the kit, it would most likely not have to be shipped via freight and would be a bit cheaper.  

It's going to take between 10-15 committed people to make this GB a reality.  Only add you name to the list if you are a serious buyer.  Please post your forum name and what you want after it (full kit, just front, etc.)

List:

1. Ikethegreat - full kit (painted)
2. Michael_Mansion - sides + front only - V6P
3. LiquidXplosion - full kit - V6P
4. UCRk24accord - rear lip - V6P

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll see what I can do to get them answered.  In case anyone is wondering, I'm just the middleman here, I'm not making a single penny off this.  I just want there to finally be an affordable and great looking kit for us sedan owners.

*Please remember this is just "gauging interest", not an actual Group Buy.  There will only be a GB if we have enough serious interest....gauged.... lol*

Questions that have been answered:

1.  Could there be an option to have this painted?

Yes, add $820 to the price for metallic paints, $860 for pearl paints

2.  For people that live in CA, is there a pickup option available?

Yes, Nuevo, CA is where they would ship from.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:06:49 AM by ikethegreat » Logged
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 01:46:03 PM »

Here is some additional information in case anyone was wondering.  

1. Can you estimate the shipping charge for just one item like the rear lip?

One item like the rear lip or sideskirts can be UPS ground shipping. $100 (CA) to $140 (NY), depending on distance.
It's the front bumper that is too big for UPS, and has to go freight.

2. What fog light would be used to fit the front bumper?

OEM, I would presume. We can accomodate any fog light setup, as long as we have one to use during the prototype mockup.

3. Will there be a mounting bracket built in for the fog lights?

We can make one.

4. Would it be possible to change the fogs to use the inspire fog lights or oem fog lights?

Any one you choose.

5. Would it be possible to make small changes to the kit if everyone wants it?

Best thing to do is establish the kit design and then complete the design based off the concept. Now if there is a minor line or crease that needs to be adjusted or changed, that is fine, but to completely change the location of the fog light opening, or lower intake would be custom quoted depending on the level of change.

I think these kits would look sick with a set of inspire fogs. You could even use the depo fogs which are pretty cheap and look exactly the same.
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 02:04:23 PM »

Yea, inspire fogs would look good. I just think the lower open area is too much and the sides too aggressive I'd like to see some other designs.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 02:07:57 PM »

it appears that this will fit both the 7th and 7.5 gen - is that correct?

J u s t i n
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 02:09:28 PM »

I believe this should be in the "Exterior" Styling forum.  I'll move it for ya.  

From my understanding, this is a thread to gauge the interest of serious buyers (I'll use that term loosely).  While it is stated in the thread topic, the OP does kind of look like a Group Buy post.  If you could modify the OP to reflect that, it would be appreciated.  If this turns into an actual group by and RonJon actually makes these kits, there will be a new Group Buy thread.  Hope this clears things up.

Since this is a "Gauging Interest" thread, please keep your comments to yourself.  If you are interested in getting on the list or have specific questions about this kit, feel free to post.  Other posts with comments or opinions will be deleted and viewed as thread jacking.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 02:13:06 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I believe this should be in the "Exterior" Styling forum.  I'll move it for ya.  

Yeah I'm retarded.

Quote from: "v6sicksspeed"
it appears that this will fit both the 7th and 7.5 gen - is that correct?

Yes.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 02:51:39 PM »

im interested but cant afford the price tag with the other mods i have planned.  plus, i dont think my stock fogs would be compatible.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 02:53:17 PM »

1.  Could there be an option to have this painted?

Yes, add $820 to the price for metallic paints, $860 for pearl paints

2.  For people that live in CA, is there a pickup option available?

Yes, Nuevo, CA is where they would ship from.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012