Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:50:07 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 04-08 TSX Tein SS Coilovers  (Read 5652 times)
wjteng90
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
wjteng90 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2009, 02:31:20 PM »

Hi guys just a quick question. Would the 04-08 Tein SS coilovers work on a 05 Accord 4d 4cyl?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 02:37:57 PM »

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=106 Start by looking here if the Flex, and other from Tein fit it would be a safe assumption that the SS would work as well.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 03:01:05 PM »

Why not just get the Tein SS for the Accord?  That way you have a suspension that is engineered for your car, you don't have to modify the installation, and you don't void the warranty.  I can understand if you wanted a suspension that was not made for the Accord and only made for the TSX, but I wouldn't buy something for a TSX when they already make it for the Accord.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 03:11:27 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Why not just get the Tein SS for the Accord?  That way you have a suspension that is engineered for your car, you don't have to modify the installation, and you don't void the warranty.  I can understand if you wanted a suspension that was not made for the Accord and only made for the TSX, but I wouldn't buy something for a TSX when they already make it for the Accord.

I would think that hes proabably getting a deal on them used.
wjteng90
Fucking Newb

wjteng90 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 09:22:08 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"

I would think that hes proabably getting a deal on them used.

Yup. There's a guy in my local craigstlist selling the SS for 600. So i was wondering if it could fit.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 09:31:48 PM »

It can be done but, like Tim stated you are obviously better off with the accord specific ones. You will be able to use these but, they are not engineered for the accord. Some of the characteristics of the accord, and tsx are different.
wjteng90
Fucking Newb

wjteng90 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 09:53:17 PM »

True. But thats a good price for the tein coilovers though i thought they were the same for our accords cus many of the stuff for TSX works on accords =/
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 10:12:16 PM »

Quote from: "wjteng90"
True. But thats a good price for the tein coilovers though i thought they were the same for our accords cus many of the stuff for TSX works on accords =/

Engine wise, stuff on the TSX would work on the Accord. Exterior (like mirrors) and suspension from a TSX might work on an Accord, but not without some type of modification to it.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 10:27:33 PM »

Let's face it, you're not looking for an answer.  You're looking for validation to do what you want.  You asked for advice and we gave it.  You can do it the right way, or you can do it half assed and cheap.  It's your call.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 10:37:27 PM »

Let's face it, you're not looking for an answer.  You're looking for validation to do what you want.  You asked for advice and we gave it.  You can do it the right way, or you can do it half assed and cheap.  It's your call.
Ba-zing!

wjteng90
Fucking Newb

wjteng90 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 11:56:13 PM »

yeah. thanks guys. i guess i'll pass on that deal for now!
Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 12:41:56 AM »

Good idea to pass on it.

Look at it this way, add a couple hundred to what you were willing to pay and you can purchase a BRAND NEW set of TEIN Type Basic's

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
wjteng90
Fucking Newb

wjteng90 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 12:52:03 PM »

Quote from: "Mr Eazy"

Good idea to pass on it.

Look at it this way, add a couple hundred to what you were willing to pay and you can purchase a BRAND NEW set of TEIN Type Basic's

Agree. I wouldn't take the chances of using something which is not meant for the car.
Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 01:12:37 PM »

Agree. I wouldn't take the chances of using something which is not meant for the car.

It's a tempting thought, especially in these economic times. We all have tried to do something like this, but it is truly not worth risking messing something up, especially with such a critical component as the suspension.

You made a wise choice.

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012