Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:04:13 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IPA Wipedown  (Read 7319 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 09:29:57 AM »

From reading Jason's threads, I see that he uses DuPont Prep Sol 3919S for this step instead of IPA.  I'm sure he does it for a reason, but you'd have to ask him.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 08:34:08 PM »

Folks,
The IPA or PREPSOL wipedown is done after compounding & polishing steps to see the pure finish. It will reveal if the problems were removed or not. Some compounds & polishes may hide the problems that you are trying to remove if the surface is not cleaned. This process cleans all oils or fillers off of the surface and either confirms or denies that the problem was taken care of prior to proceeding to the next step in the process. When you are charging $400-$600 and up you MUST make sure that every step you have performed has accomplished what it was supposed to. This step reveals if you reached your goal or not.
If so then proceed to the next step, if not then back up and go at the previous step (or another strategy) again.

Unless you are into super high end paint correction this process will likely not be required. When you are charging big money then this is part of the process required to confirm that you are giving your client the best that you possibly can.

Rick, token old bastard.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 09:47:18 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up for us Rick.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 01:22:15 AM »

Thanks Rick! +1 on browsing Autopia, they have quite a bit of info on anything you could possibly need...

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 11:13:20 AM »

Glad that I could shed some light on the subject.

Rick, token old bastard.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012