Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:36:21 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skizot does a Deep Gloss Impersonation....06 Porsche 997  (Read 5737 times)
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2009, 05:52:55 PM »

Jason, what can I say, you have been an excellent teacher. While I won't go as far to say that the student has become the teacher, I will say that I have shared that wealth of knowledge you have bestowed upon me to others. Today, was the first day that I had the opportunity to put it to the test.... I would appreciate your feedback, oh wise one Smiley

Products Used:

Wheels and Tires:
P21s Wheel Gel
Swissvax Wheel Brush
Uber Boars Hair Wheel Brush
AcePowerStick Pro Drill Wheel Brush
Wheel Wax
Wolfgang Tire Gel

Wells and Arches:
Duragloss APC
Adams Undercarriage Spray

Washing:
Campbell Hausfeld PW1350
Gilmor Foam Gun
Surf City Road Grim Destroyer
DP Xtreme Car Shampoo
Two Bucket Wash with Grit Guards
Meguairs Deep Gold Cash Wash
Two microfiber wash mitts

Drying:
FK1 425 Quick Detail
Meguiars Waffle Microfibers

Polishing:
Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover (my paint was in pretty good condition to begin with) (LC Orange Pad)
Menzerna Finishing Glaze PO 115C (LC White Pad)
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 (LC Gray Pad)
A shit load of Cobra microfiber towels
P21s 100% Carnauba Wax (paint sealant cured for 12 hours before topping with wax)
Porter Cable 7424
Duragloss Wax eraser - I only had to use this in one place, the green masking tape held up well.

Interior:
Shop Vac
1Z Einszett Cockpit - everything on the inside that is not leather
1Z Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care All exterior rubber, vinyl and trunk plastic pieces - (Damn this stuff smells good)
Meguiars Leather Conditioner and Cleaner
Combination of Waffle and Plush microfiber (only used on interior)

Glass:
Rain X Glass Cleaner and Polish - This stuff actually works pretty good and is OTC which makes it very convenient.
Meguiars Green Waffle Microfibers

Here are the pictures: They are for the most part in order. The sun tells no lies. There is not a swirl mark on the car right now. When taking the pictures, there are lots of reflections, don't let them fool you. I am fucking exhausted. Total time spent was about 14 hours across two days, while in my garage. Keep in mind, my paint was in pretty good condition to start with. I can't imagine taking 20+ hours to do a car.

BTW, that is the new front end that was just painted and installed, not too shabby of an upgrade.

BEFORE's

AFTER's

« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:56:22 PM by skizot » Logged
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 05:54:02 PM »

Slammedk24

Reputation Power: 1
Slammedk24 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 06:35:58 PM »

That thing looks so badass, you can also tell a difference from when you got it if you look at the pics from now to the one in your signature.  Im just wondering where the pics are of the engine bay

Tory
"Low and Slow"
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 06:44:10 PM »

Looks Great!

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 06:52:25 PM »

Quote from: "Slammedk24"
That thing looks so badass, you can also tell a difference from when you got it if you look at the pics from now to the one in your signature.  Im just wondering where the pics are of the engine bay

Ask and you shall receive

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 07:05:01 PM »

Stunning! Thats really all I can say! Great job.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »

I dont know how you clean that engine bay, I dont even think that I could get my hands in there. Looks great too!

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »

Awesome job Scott.

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 10:31:44 PM »

I still hate you Scott.  Your car is beautiful.  I really need to pick Jason's (and now your) brain so I can spend a few days on my car.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 10:49:36 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I still hate you Scott.  Your car is beautiful.  I really need to pick Jason's (and now your) brain so I can spend a few days on my car.

too funny. Yes, Jason is to thank for this. I would have never thought I would be able to achieve results like this. I think that in the future, as swirls develop (and they will) I will use a different polishing compound. Probably something like Intensive Polish or SIP, plus final polish. I think I could get even better results with those products.
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 11:22:49 PM »

i still think the accord looks alot better............................................................jk it looks grate scott..

Fenix

Reputation Power: 4
Fenix pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 01:27:22 AM »

I rode in one of these a while back, and it was great. I did in my pants what it looks like in the third pic.
My buddy drove cause it was his dads car. That thing handles just as good as you think it does, maybe even better. With no body roll or tires screetching. I have to admit, i didnt want to get back in my honda after that experence. But dont tell her that.

Excellent wash job, ive got a dirty K24 that could use some work. :P

Quote from: timot_one
I'll let you guys know that I can only tolerate so much douchebaggery
Deep Gloss

Reputation Power: 1
Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 10:23:27 PM »

WOW.. what can I say.. GREAT JOB MAN!!! Seriously, you should be very happy with yourself!
Jellynuts

Reputation Power: 2
Jellynuts pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 11:01:26 PM »

If I didn't know better, I'd say your car was made out of the sky.  Nice work Smiley

2005 TSX 6MT
2005 I4 Coup EXL (totaled)
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 06:42:42 PM »

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!

Rick, token old bastard.
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print