Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:04:05 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most aggressive offset + width on 18's w/out rollin fenders?  (Read 18173 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »

Well generally the reason that cost so much more is the construction. 2nd biggest contributor to the price is importing. Enkei has been known to make some really strong wheels at fair prices. I've heard nothing but, bad things about Motegi, and Tenzo.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 03:48:29 PM »

unfortunately, in the Honda world, quality and brand name go hand in hand.  same thing with wheels.  brand name wheels will typically be better quality.  that includes your typical name brands: Rays Engineering (Volk, Gram Lights, etc.), Work, SSR, Advan Racing, etc.

the reason i mentioned above about rolling fenders is as you get more aggressive, you risk the carnage like shown in this thread: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=597934

You can get wheels that will fit without rolling the fender, to the point where it just barely clears, but you run risk of the above.

I'm only here to help inform you.  I'm all for you getting new wheels.  I just want people to be better informed about their new mods Smiley

- Mark
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 03:49:21 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Well generally the reason that cost so much more is the construction. 2nd biggest contributor to the price is importing. Enkei has been known to make some really strong wheels at fair prices. I've heard nothing but, bad things about Motegi, and Tenzo.
I agree.

- Mark
JulsV6

Reputation Power: 2
JulsV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 03:53:46 PM »

So enkei would be the best bang for my $$$ ?? But theyr not black. How much it cost to get em custom black?

JULIE MDVACM Squad #11
07 WHITE AV6 COUPE
06 GREEN/BLK KAWASAKI ZX6R
JulsV6

JulsV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2010, 04:14:10 PM »

Quote from: "alpha"
unfortunately, in the Honda world, quality and brand name go hand in hand.  same thing with wheels.  brand name wheels will typically be better quality.  that includes your typical name brands: Rays Engineering (Volk, Gram Lights, etc.), Work, SSR, Advan Racing, etc.

the reason i mentioned above about rolling fenders is as you get more aggressive, you risk the carnage like shown in this thread: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=597934

You can get wheels that will fit without rolling the fender, to the point where it just barely clears, but you run risk of the above.

I'm only here to help inform you.  I'm all for you getting new wheels.  I just want people to be better informed about their new mods Smiley

I completely understand everything you all share with me. I'm open to all of it. The reason why I decided to post and ask all this to begin with. I think more heads in a problem is better than one with little experience on the subject. So go ahead and feel free to share with me what you know

JULIE MDVACM Squad #11
07 WHITE AV6 COUPE
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 04:48:10 PM »

I'd get Advan over Motegi and Tenzo also.  You could also get whatever wheel you want, then have it powdercoated or painted however you want.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 07:58:16 PM »

Powder coating would be the way to go as paint doesn't hold up too well. I've heard of people getting a full set of wheels powder coated for 200 and lower. Its just a matter of shopping around.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 09:49:14 PM »

Not to mention if your going to PC'd route you can buy used wheels that are a little rough because it's your intention to have them re finished anyway.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 10:51:13 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
I've heard of people getting a full set of wheels powder coated for 200 and lower. Its just a matter of shopping around.

I would be careful of a shop that charges that little.  To me, that's a sign of a place that cuts corners and the end result will not be as good as a shop that takes their time to do it right.  Based on some of the wheels that Julie is looking to get, it doesn't seem like she wants to cut corners.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
JulsV6

JulsV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 11:38:08 PM »

I def dont want to cut corners. But if others can recommend a reputable spot i'd probably bring them business. Yeah hopefully i can find a set used. I think there's a guy on Acurazine sellin the Enkei Ekm3 gunmetal with slight curbage that occured after he posted (perfect to have powder coated gloss black), so now price has been reduced. have to see if he still has it available. and will check the specs. but i have not found the Advans RS or SSR type F..if u fellas spot a set on any forum .. please let me know. I'm really glad that you fellas are helping me out.

JULIE MDVACM Squad #11
07 WHITE AV6 COUPE
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2010, 03:08:35 PM »

julsv6 the gunmetal are pretty much a black, i bought the silver if you see my posts

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2010, 08:15:05 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I've heard of people getting a full set of wheels powder coated for 200 and lower. Its just a matter of shopping around.

I would be careful of a shop that charges that little.  To me, that's a sign of a place that cuts corners and the end result will not be as good as a shop that takes their time to do it right.  Based on some of the wheels that Julie is looking to get, it doesn't seem like she wants to cut corners.
Dude, I'm totally with you on that but based on the wheels she's looking at, I would expect her to NOT cut corners. If Julie is planning on PCing the wheels anyway, used is the way to go because its almost a guarantee that they are going to be rashed.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2010, 08:36:03 PM »

Not always.  If I sold my wheels today, they are definitely used and definitely do not have any curbage.

Tim
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2010, 09:27:33 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"

Dude, I'm totally with you on that but based on the wheels she's looking at, I would expect her to NOT cut corners. If Julie is planning on PCing the wheels anyway, used is the way to go because its almost a guarantee that they are going to be rashed.
i'm sure you can find wheels that look practically new used.  not all used wheels have curb rash.  some people know how to park.

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2010, 11:43:49 AM »

True but most don't. I'm pretty wary about used wheels unless they've been refinished or dealer take offs if they're OEMs. Either way, we're arguing over our opinions.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012