Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 08:19:41 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accord Lug Nuts...TL Wheels  (Read 10322 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 10:01:33 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Like Tim said, this thread can be left alone for any other noobs out there with the same noobish question. Ok there noob? J/P Mark.
I have a noobish question that pertains to this noobish thread!  :mrgreen:

Is the thread size of the Accord lug nuts (or all Hondas/Acuras for that matter?) M12x1.5? My grandfather gave me a set of wheel locks, and I am trying to figure out their size, because they're too small to fit on the Accord studs. I figured that if the Accord lug nuts are M12x1.5, then these wheel locks must be M12x1.25. Another thing is they have the cone seats, which also wouldn't work because the OEM lug nuts have ball seats.

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 10:08:33 PM »

That is correct. Honda, Toyota, and Mitsubishi uses 12x1.50. Nissan, Subaru, and Mazda uses 12x1.25. Cone isn't good for a ball seat wheel.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 07:54:47 AM »

What he said.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
MTsixspeed

Reputation Power: 2
MTsixspeed pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »

There needs to be an aftermarket company that makes ball seat lug nuts and locks. I want a very high quality set of black lug nuts and locks that will work properly with my TL-S wheels, but the only option is the S2000 CR set, which is waaaay too expensive.

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 06:01:50 PM »

^I got some off ebay made for our cars for $25 however I did go with the CR lugs that were like $50.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 06:06:16 PM »

Here's a link to the sellers page

http://myworld.ebay.com/titanwheelacc

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 08:07:40 PM »

Gorilla makes a ball seated lug nut, but I don't know if they offer them in black. Let alone, every uses the tuner lugs. Which means, everyone will have that wheel lock key. I even have one.
MTsixspeed

MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 04:44:36 PM »

Quote from: "Abailey4"

You're right about them selling chrome ball seat lug nuts. However, they don't sell them in black. I have a black set I bought from them that turned out to be conical seat, so I didn't use them. I asked them if they know where to find ball seat in black and I'm waiting on a response. I doubt anyone makes them. That fact really pisses me off. I can't understand how there are so many Hondas out there that use ball seated lug nuts and NO aftermarket company fucking makes them. How could they be stupid enough to miss out on such a huge opportunity?

however I did go with the CR lugs that were like $50.

You mean you have the CR lug nuts? I didn't know anyone on the forum knew about them. Are they ball seated? Where did you find them?

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
MTsixspeed

MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 05:00:44 PM »

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/wheel-tire-upgrades/194567-difference-between-nsx-s2000-cr-lug-nuts.html
Here is info on how to find the black S2000CR or NSX lug nuts, which are apparently the same thing. Ball seats, but quite expensive especially if you want the black locking lugs.

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 05:04:49 PM »

Quote from: "MTsixspeed"

You mean you have the CR lug nuts? I didn't know anyone on the forum knew about them. Are they ball seated? Where did you find them?
I knew about CR lug nuts.. Wink

CR lug nuts are ball seat.  Have you tried a Honda dealership? I know it'll be more expensive, but it's really the best way to go.

You could always have chrome ones painted/powdercoated.

- Mark
MTsixspeed

MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 05:37:40 PM »

http://hardtopguy.com/store/product.php?productid=704&cat=193&page=3
Well, this is the best price I've seen. $4.53 per lug nut (need 16) plus $69 for the set of locking lugs. That's $141.48 plus shipping. Ouch.
I wouldn't trust the integrity of the paint/powdercoat if I just painted my chrome lugs. It would probably chip off the first time you put a socket to it.

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 08:08:39 PM »

http://hardtopguy.com/store/product.php?productid=704&cat=193&page=3
Well, this is the best price I've seen. $4.53 per lug nut (need 16) plus $69 for the set of locking lugs. That's $141.48 plus shipping. Ouch.
I wouldn't trust the integrity of the paint/powdercoat if I just painted my chrome lugs. It would probably chip off the first time you put a socket to it.
That's not a bad price for a quality set of lug nuts.

Can you not get a dealership to beat his price?  I'd be surprised if a dealership can't get close to the shipped price.

- Mark
MTsixspeed

MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 08:42:24 PM »

I've tried when I was searching last year, but I'll try again. There are five Honda dealerships within an hour of me, so one of them should beat it.

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 02:41:49 PM »

You're right about them selling chrome ball seat lug nuts. However, they don't sell them in black. I have a black set I bought from them that turned out to be conical seat, so I didn't use them. I asked them if they know where to find ball seat in black and I'm waiting on a response. I doubt anyone makes them. That fact really pisses me off. I can't understand how there are so many Hondas out there that use ball seated lug nuts and NO aftermarket company fucking makes them. How could they be stupid enough to miss out on such a huge opportunity?

I must've grabbed one of the last black sets they had at the time then which was back in Feb. As for the second quote I meant to say I went with the CR locks for $50.  Yeah only reason I knew about the CR stuff was thanks to Thien cuz he was one of the few that knew about my TL-s powder coat project.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »

:thumbup:
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print