Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:02:51 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Product Review :Crystal View Headlight Restoration Kit  (Read 5410 times)
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2010, 11:59:04 PM »

I've been meaning to post this. I bought this headlight restoration kit a few months ago and was pretty pleased with the results. Kit costs $20 and is easy to do. I bought this one because it included a UV resistant plastic sealant as the final step.

Kit includes 2 grades of sandpaper, polish and a sealant.  Here are some pics during and final results.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 08:42:21 AM »

Results look good what were your impression of this product. Was it easy to use? A little more info could be really benefical to someone looking to clean up there lights.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 09:28:05 AM »

I used the exact same product and very pleased With the results.  Wasn’t hard to do if you follow instructions. Taking your time to prep it and sand it right makes all the difference.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 10:41:07 AM »

I remember seeing this package at Walmart. How does the 3M restoration kit compare as far as what's included?

jdmaccord

Reputation Power: 7
jdmaccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:27:39 PM »

dang i should use this on my taillights.
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 08:38:57 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Results look good what were your impression of this product. Was it easy to use? A little more info could be really benefical to someone looking to clean up there lights.

My impressions were very good. Product was easy to use and provided the claimed results.  The product is basically a wet sanding kit with some plastic polish and sealant.  It took me about an hour to do both lights. Its been several months and the lights still look very good.  I should point out that similar results can be achieved with a DA polisher and compound...but most folks dont own one.
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 10:22:41 AM »

ive heard great things about this product - from these pics it sounds like the reputation holds true.  may need to invest in this soon

J u s t i n
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 06:19:12 PM »

UPDATE: I was washing my car today after a 2,000 mile road trip, and I noticed the finish on my headlights is starting to come off.  Might want to hold off on this product until I hear more from the company.
MTsixspeed

Reputation Power: 2
MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 09:54:25 PM »

Mine are looking pretty bad. The OP looked promising. I don't necessarily believe that any of the restore kits actually provide lasting results and that is discouraging. I'm just going to replace the entire lens itself. (I'd replace the whole headlight, but then I'd have to repaint the housings black.)

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 10:03:39 AM »

If you did this and then applied some clear coat the results might last longer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012