Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:14:05 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Front License Plate Options  (Read 10052 times)
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2010, 01:51:38 AM »

Hey guys, I've having my front bumper repainted after the idiot at the inspection place somehow scraped the front of it during the "brake test"...I currently have my front plate on using the stock bracket, however, over the last couple years, parking on the street and such, people have bumped the plate and messed up the paint underneath the bracket as well, so I was going to have them fix that and fill the hole from the bracket while they are at it...so I was wondering what other mounting options are out there (pictures would be awesome too!) that don't mount directly to the front of the bumper. It just looks so much cleaner without it there

And yes, the front plate is required in TX :thumbdown:

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:42:08 AM »

I've seen people mount them off to one side but, its still mounted to the bumper.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 08:08:35 AM »

Be a gangsta and put it on your dash.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 08:59:55 AM »

Or be even more gangsta and ziptie it to your passenger visor. Cop comes up and flip that bitch down while doing your gangsta lean.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 09:09:22 AM »

depending on your state, you can get a ticket for not having it permanentaly affixed to your front bumper, i.e. NJ

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 09:51:52 AM »

I have the grill craft grill and have my license plate ziptied off to the side on the grill.

http://elitecm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2371&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=150 if you scroll down to the pics of the 2 silver accords, mine is the one with the inspires.

Steve - NECM #4

jdmaccord

Reputation Power: 7
jdmaccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 10:25:58 AM »

just paint your tag on your bumper so you can tell the cops that the plate number is there and they never said it had to be an actual plate
Anthony212

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 12:21:53 PM »

I have mine ziptied to my bumper where the lower grille would be, it looks like my car is eating the license plate is like on an angle now. You can always buy a license plate relocate kit.

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 12:37:04 PM »

Quote from: "Anthony212"
I have mine ziptied to my bumper where the lower grille would be, it looks like my car is eating the license plate is like on an angle now. You can always buy a license plate relocate kit.
or just buy a couple L brackets from the hardware store for a fraction of the cost

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 02:56:16 PM »

ya putting it on the dash is not legal here in TX either. Ya maybe I'll just fab something up out of L brackets, reusing the stock bolt locations....I remember seeing a thread years ago, where someone took the stock bracket, and flipped it upside down and cut it up a little and made it mount where the lower grill would be

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 03:40:14 PM »

Quote from: "mnkyman"
ya putting it on the dash is not legal here in TX either.

I know.  I think it's illegal everywhere.  I was just messin' with ya Sam.  You can buy relocation brackets also.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 11:13:41 PM »

Quote from: "Icebox"
or just buy a couple L brackets from the hardware store for a fraction of the cost

That's what I did..

-brian
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 08:15:41 AM »

Quote from: "b_beau_09"
Quote from: "Icebox"

That's what I did..

thats were i got the idea!

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
AccordProtector
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
AccordProtector pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »

L brackets ftw.
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 07:35:45 PM »

strut kings license plate re-locator kit, i had one and it worked great

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalo ... ts_id=3097

$20

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012