Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:27:57 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windshield Washer Squiter - not working  (Read 5648 times)
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »

Well, the driver side isn't working and well it started spraying erradictly then one day it just stopped working (passenger side is squirting fine). Any ideas whats wrong? I looked under the hood while spraying water and don't see any leaks, maybe it's clogged up.  My driver side of my windshield is smeared and any longer like this will probably cause a safety hazard, unless I wipe it off every other week. I'm in the south so there's bugs and pollen and who knows what else smeared all over the windshield...Any help would be appreciated.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 08:32:10 PM »

Its possible the check valve that's in line with that nozzle got clogged. Same thing happened to my wife's driver side washer. I pulled it out and added a straight through adapter to remedy the problem temporarily. That was 9 months ago. :lol:. Anyway, its probably that check valve that got clogged by all the shit that's in washer fluid.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 09:14:19 PM »

After having time to think abt it, I've came to the same thought as you Z. Im going to try and take the hose off and then squirt the water, if water flows out its the valve.

Whats funny was my buddy brought his F-150 over with the same issue and i fixed it, and then 2 days later mine fugs up. Karma is very strange.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 09:41:34 PM »

I prefer to call karma a filthy, STD infested, cum dumpster. That's just me though.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »

My guess is that it's either a clogged nozzle or check valve.  Do what you said you were gonna do and take it from there.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 08:42:41 AM »

I had some debris stuck in mine last winter. I pulled the hose off, and cleaned it out with a needle and it worked fine after that. I actually hate the location of them. During the winter (snow and ice) they get clogged up all the flipping time!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »

I don't think Jeremy has that problem Mike.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 11:08:39 AM »

Z the winter comment was as a sidebar I was providing how I fixed my issue in the past. Debris could be there for a million reasons...

K thanx bye DBAG!
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 12:05:43 PM »

Any comments on how to take the hose off? I assume I'll have to take the cowling off?
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 02:18:30 PM »

Yeah.  You have to take off the cowl/trim around your windshield.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 04:29:14 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Z the winter comment was as a sidebar I was providing how I fixed my issue in the past. Debris could be there for a million reasons...

K thanx bye DBAG!
Sidebars are topic derailers. That's only in your case there fuckwad. And if you're going to call me a DBAG, use the whole fucking word, i.e. douchebag. Douchebag.

Back OT, like Tim said Jeremy, you'd have to pull the cowling off to get to the squirter. My advice would be to get a replacement check valve since you're going to have the cowl apart anyway just in case that is the problem.

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 12:27:37 AM »

Mine aren't clogged, but the drivers side points closer to the passenger side and it's fucking annoying!

Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 01:44:15 AM »

Then aim it properly.

Tim
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 12:22:27 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Then aim it properly.

Don't know how, otherwise I would

Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 03:37:23 AM »

Stick a needle or pin into the opening of the nozzle and move it to the desired direction. spray and see where it goes. Adjust accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012