Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:39:27 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Single to Dual Exhaust - Magnaflow Mufflers  (Read 7761 times)
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Holy crazy looking y pipe Batman! Them some sloppy welds. Good thing that they are normally not seen.

Dawg this is a budget exhaust. I've seen worse lulz. Custom made Y-pipes on the spot dude lol. You can't seem them so it's fine.

@wtcii - at startup its a nice grumble tone and under normal acceleration its just nice and low.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 10:49:59 PM »

Quote from: "CYANiDE"
Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Holy crazy looking y pipe Batman! Them some sloppy welds. Good thing that they are normally not seen.

Dawg this is a budget exhaust. I've seen worse lulz. Custom made Y-pipes on the spot dude lol. You can't seem them so it's fine.
I did say that. See text in red. Either way, the engine is breathing better so its a plus.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 11:14:27 PM »

my only concern would be if they are going to hold up to vibes, bumps, shakes, etc...

Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 12:40:35 AM »

The rubber exhaust hangers should help with that.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 12:48:59 AM »

help keep the welds together?  they may help absorb some of the impactions, but not all...in the end, crappy welds won't hold up and there will be exhaust leaks

Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 01:58:59 AM »

Very true. From what I can see in the pics, those don't look like solid welds but its hard to tell from the pics. They'll hold long enough for Eric to get a good exhaust from the cat back. Hopefully that's before next winter because the salt isn't going to play nice with those exposed welds. Can anyone say, "Rust up like a mofo"?

*EDIT*
Quote from: "sherker55"
they may help absorb some of the impactions, but not all...
Is "impactions" even a word? Don't you mean impacts or vibrations? Or did you just smash the two words together to make a new one?

CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 06:24:30 AM »

Quote from: "sherker55"
help keep the welds together?  they may help absorb some of the impactions, but not all...in the end, crappy welds won't hold up and there will be exhaust leaks

They will hold up trust me. I've seen FAR FAR FAR worse welding hold up and these honestly just look a lot worse than they really are on the car.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012