Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:12:29 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Single to Dual Exhaust - Magnaflow Mufflers  (Read 7759 times)
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2010, 01:28:40 PM »

I've been contemplating about going from single to dual exhausts on my car. I've been looking at magnaflow mufflers (ones that sound closest to stock) and I can grab a pair of mufflers I like for about $140 shipped (steal for these mufflers). Now, I want to know what Y-pipes I need or if I can go to a custom exhaust shop and they should be able to deal with all of that?

DONE!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:39:32 PM by CYANiDE » Logged

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »

A custom exhaust shop will be able to make you a Y pipe.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
A custom exhaust shop will be able to make you a Y pipe.

Alright, now I just have to find a shop.

Also, what piping should I go with for the second muffler? Same as stock? Or should I change the piping on both?

Eric.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 03:35:13 PM »

IMHO, I'd replace it from the mid pipe back.  If you want to keep your stock resonator, that's fine.  You're going for the look and sound more than the performance, right?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 05:17:14 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
IMHO, I'd replace it from the mid pipe back.  If you want to keep your stock resonator, that's fine.  You're going for the look and sound more than the performance, right?

Yup. So what size piping should I go with from the midpipe all the way to the mufflers? I'm looking at the 14829 which I've heard is almost stock except at WOT (good for me).

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shop ... in&id=8259

I'm reading 2.25in inlet? That's the piping to the backside of the muffler correct? 2.25 shouldn't be too big for piping right? Also, it says outlet is 4inches? Does that mean it has a 4 inch tip? That's way to fucking huge, Or am I reading it wrong?

Found a video of an 07 4cyl sedan with a 14829 but 2inch piping---sounds kinda gay but maybe its the camera...

I know a member on here has the mufflers and says they're pretty much stock. Maybe dual would make it deeper or something?

Sorry for noob questions, just kinda hard looking up exhaust information for this car. Wish I had a 6cyl then I'd just gotten a Borla lol...

Eric.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 04:46:40 PM »

I bought the mufflers today and they should be in by the end of the week. I'm going to get my swaybars installed this weekend first and then mufflers will be installed when I get the time. Don't think I'll have them ready in time for ECAP.

Eric.
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 09:59:57 PM »

2.25 size piping is just fine for that muffler and no you're not reading the outlet wrong....the tip is 4"  :grin:

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 11:38:39 PM »

Quote from: "InFuMoUs"
2.25 size piping is just fine for that muffler and no you're not reading the outlet wrong....the tip is 4"  :grin:

We'll see how it goes.

Talked to Tim about piping. Suggested 2.25 from catback to the res then 2inch after that. Seems like a good idea to me.

Eric.
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 11:23:45 PM »

Oh so your putting on a different resonator too? I thought you was leaving the stock one and just put a y-pipe to the two mufflers.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 11:37:52 PM »

Quote from: "InFuMoUs"
Oh so your putting on a different resonator too? I thought you was leaving the stock one and just put a y-pipe to the two mufflers.

Stock resonator will be kept but I'll get new piping from the catback to the res.

Oh, they came in today. Those tips look huge, but I loved how they looked on driveaccord's car. They look sexy as hell. But they weigh like 20lbs LOL.

Install in a few weeks (mid-May) when school is done.

Eric.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »

First post updated.

Eric.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 09:34:43 PM »

Looks good! How do they sound?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
Looks good! How do they sound?

SWEEEEEET. Nice deep tone.

Eric.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 09:46:49 PM »

Is it obvious that they aren't stock at like start up and normal acceleration?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 09:54:49 PM »

Holy crazy looking y pipe Batman! Them some sloppy welds. Good thing that they are normally not seen.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012