Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:37:04 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parking Armor  (Read 10105 times)
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2010, 05:10:04 PM »

hey mods - feel free to move if this belongs in "Detailing" or another section

I know there are a bunch of guys around here that (like myself) are forced into on-street parking.  That can be a total nightmare on your bumpers, which mine are currently full of dings and dents.  Does anyone here use any sort of bumper protection for those asshats that tap your bumpers getting into a spot?

I've thought about the Bumper Bully mats before - but just came across Parking Armor.
http://www.amazon.com/PARKING-ARMOR-Pro ... sim_auto_4

I was driving home yesterday and some jerk tried to squeeze by me in traffic and clipped my rear fender.  Damage is minimal but needs to be repainted and i was thinking of having the shop just repair my whole rear bumper to get rid of the scratches.  If i do so, then a $50 investment in something like this is definitely a good idea.

Does anyone here use a mat or protection of sorts for on-street parallel parking?

J u s t i n
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 05:18:22 PM »

I know alot of the NY guys have used tow hooks. If well mounted they can damage the other persons car before they hit yours. I've seen a few of these mats on cars in the North End of Boston but, I think every bumper there is damaged.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 09:52:16 PM »

Wow, that's ridiculous. I guess I take my four car garage for granted if people have to resort to that. I assume you just stick it on when you park?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 10:02:08 PM »

I've seen those things in NY and in certain areas of Boston.  I'd try to get your hands on one first to see if it's worth the cost.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Accord1234

Reputation Power: 1
Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 10:51:36 PM »

I just hate those things. Like an oversized car mat hanging on the back of your car. The best is the people who just drive every day and all day with them on and never take it it off.
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 11:01:17 PM »

Quote from: "Accord1234"
I just hate those things. Like an oversized car mat hanging on the back of your car. The best is the people who just drive every day and all day with them on and never take it it off.

Those people who do that are pretty much lazy to me.

I got the bumper strip, although it protects it to some extent, they still manage to scratch below what's not covered. I think your best bet is to find one that hooks from the left rear wheel fender and covers the whole bumper then hooks to the right wheel fender. That way no one can side swipe what that parking armor doesn't cover.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 11:20:02 PM »

Like dry ground, garages and parking lots are a rarity in New Orleans.  If I have to park on the street I will pick a spot that off by itself. If I park in a lot I will purposely park in the back, away from 90% of the other cars/shopping carts. In 3 years I've only been bumped twice.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 08:53:42 AM »

Quote from: "clapton924"
Like dry ground, garages and parking lots are a rarity in New Orleans.  If I have to park on the street I will pick a spot that off by itself. If I park in a lot I will purposely park in the back, away from 90% of the other cars/shopping carts. In 3 years I've only been bumped twice.

This statement is really irrelevant in Justin’s environment. A lot of the homes in the north east were built in a time when cars were not prevalent. At the time the cites were built most people walked to work in a local mill. Now 100 or so years later everyone has a car and subsequently has to park it on the street where there really isn’t room for all of them. Where I live if you looking to rent an apartment with off street parking your looking at 600-1200 a year more added to your rent.
v6sicksspeed

v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 09:50:19 AM »

yea, its not an ideal situation for the car but its the price you pay for living in the city.

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I know alot of the NY guys have used tow hooks. If well mounted they can damage the other persons car before they hit yours. I've seen a few of these mats on cars in the North End of Boston but, I think every bumper there is damaged.
i've thought about this one but really in order for that to be effective you need to have been hit square in the bumper by someone with a front fender as low as the tow hook.  i think its an awesome kick in the ass for those people, but would still result in an f'd up bumper

Quote from: "InFuMoUs"
Those people who do that are pretty much lazy to me.

I got the bumper strip, although it protects it to some extent, they still manage to scratch below what's not covered. I think your best bet is to find one that hooks from the left rear wheel fender and covers the whole bumper then hooks to the right wheel fender. That way no one can side swipe what that parking armor doesn't cover.

ive seen that on your car too and i've thought about that route.  something that goes on/off when parking is kind of what id prefer.  i agree too about covering the rear corners but it looks like there arent any that cover the entire bumper.  they tend to be generic and not car specific.

J u s t i n
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 11:04:08 AM »

It looks like there's a need for a new product.  Let's make our millions!!

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 12:11:37 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
This statement is really irrelevant in Justin’s environment.

I disagree. Have you been to New Orleans? Have you been in the French Quarter?
v6sicksspeed

v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 12:40:21 PM »

^ haven't yet but I'll be down there in 2 weeks - wooha!

Tim - I'm right there with ya!  I smell a business opp.

J u s t i n
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 12:58:53 PM »

Quote from: "clapton924"

I was referring specifically to the line in red. This is not possible in most neighborhoods in Boston. There is no spot by itself.
Lemonjelly

Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 01:08:22 PM »

Quote from: "v6sicksspeed"
Tim - I'm right there with ya!  I smell a business opp.

haha if you need a website let me know
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:08:31 PM by Lemonjelly » Logged

Steve - NECM #4

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »

Ummm Steve I think you meant to post that second part in the NECM thread....
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012