Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:28:45 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mod  (Read 7002 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 09:26:30 PM »

Alright, thanks Mike. There is some white residue in some of the cracks, Dont do it Z, that just wipes off. I cant figure out what it is. Any guesses? I assume it is ok to wash....

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 10:10:51 PM »

I would rinse but not wash for a few days. The white residue in the cracks is probably what they used to polish it.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 10:23:31 PM »

Alright. I have some water spots on it and they are bugging the hell out of me.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 10:25:30 PM »

Try to wipe them off with a clean MF... You can call the shop and ask them what they suggest. All paints are different I know when I had my car repaired I couldn't polish or wax for a 10 days and was told not to wash for 3 or 4
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 10:51:15 PM »

Wait longer than a couple weeks.. Wait at least 30 days before you wax it.  You can wash it though.  I would wait 90 days before any type of paint correction..

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 08:42:58 AM »

The best advice to take here no matter what is to be super careful. The paint (clear coat) is dry now but, it hasn't hardened completely. This is why you want to avoid Waxing / paint correction, and I personally would even avoid washing but, again I'm no expert.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 08:57:33 AM »

I'll just wait a while. It's been raining so there is no point in washing it.

Bill C.
SECM member
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 06:21:34 PM »

Well, it was 70 degrees and sunny today. So, I called the body shop and they said it would be fine to wash it. He said to just not to do any type of paint correction for 30 days. I washed it and I still think it looks really good. I want to get some more parts painted now. I think the bumper should be to take care of road rash and fading then there is another spot on the passenger A pillar that is starting to fade unfortunately. Here is a pic of the hood I took.

Bill C.
SECM member
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012