Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:48:59 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mod  (Read 7001 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2010, 05:40:38 PM »

Well, the mod is.... fresh paint! I have had damaged clear coat on my hood since I have owned the car, May 07. It has gotten much worse over time. It started out as a dime sized mark on the top right and eventually spread all over. I also got a dent fix on the front of it which came from a boot, long bitter story. My initial quote was for $1000 and Honda basically said go fuck yourself or you can pay $11,000 to get the whole car repainted. So, after those two experiences I wasnt too encouraged to get it done. Within the past month I went to my mechanic who also does body work and got a quote from him and it was for $488.84. I dropped it off Sunday night and picked it up this afternoon. It cost $488.85 and it looks great. They fixed the dent, painted the hood, painted the road rash on the fenders, and then blended the rest of the fenders. I am very excited. The first person who gave me a quote said that it was a mess up on Honda's part and that I should seek reimbursement from them. I went to Honda and they were of no help. I have a good friend who works at the parts desk at the dealership I went to and he said as soon as the regional manager walked in the door he called me a prick and said that I was crazy if they thought Honda was going to fix that. That pissed me off and I havent been back since. I would have called his boss, but I didn't want my friend to suffer from anything. So, I asked the guy who did it and he said he was 90% sure that someone inexperienced cut through the clear coat. I'm not sure what happened, but it is fixed. It has been raining all day and it is still cloudy so I cant see everything, but hopefully it looks just as good in the sun. On to the pictures.
Before

After

Updated Picture in case you dont know what it looks like

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 05:57:05 PM »

Nice... I don't know what was going on with your hood from the get go!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:03:29 PM »

Looks good.
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 06:07:42 PM »

looks good man, this is why i HATE dealerships....  once you buy the car they want nothing to do with you again

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 07:17:12 PM »

Finally!! Looks awesome!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »

Looks good Bill.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 09:39:54 PM »

looks good man, I would go over the GM's head and go right to Honda USA and file a complaint.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 09:46:24 PM »

Thanks guys. I am going to try to get some pictures in the sun. That will be the true test in my opinion. Mark, Honda USA was the next step. The general manager was very nice and scheduled me an appointment with the regional manager who only comes around occasionally. He was the douchebag who gave me the 11,000 quote. The only way something would happen is if my friend snitched and I didnt want to put him in that type of position. I'm not really the type of person to cause trouble with something like that. I mean this guy is a joke and apparently thinks he is something. It may seem arrogant but him calling me that was enough for me because the fact that he was so low to call a at the time junior in high school names like that... he is lame

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 10:02:53 PM »

looks really good..now just keep it that way!!!

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 10:27:36 PM »

you can still report him, and just say that the person who told you was either a customer that heard it (which would be worse for him) or you could say that the person would liek to remain annonomomonuous

Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 08:10:52 AM »

I'd report the chach just to get him in trouble so he keeps his fucking trap shut next time (if he still has his job).

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 09:20:05 AM »

I'd do something about it for sure there is nothing worse to me than a person that has to make stupid comments. Teach him a lesson.
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 09:21:26 AM »

good stuff Bill.... I beat you feel much better driving it now... Smiley

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 03:55:57 PM »

I feel so much better driving it. I was embarrassed when it looked like that. I dont really feel like messing with that guy. I dont remember his name or when I went. Quick question. If I am going to detail it do I need to wax the new paint or is it already taken care of? Im going to strip all the old wax off, clay bar it, then re-wax. At some point this summer I am going to attempt some type of paint correction.

Bill C.
SECM member
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 07:01:50 PM »

Bill wait a couple of weeks, and then treat it just like the rest of the car waiting give the paint time to harden. I'm sure they polished it in the shop it helps the colors to match.
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012