Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:58:34 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck door  (Read 5839 times)
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2010, 06:41:02 PM »

Sheesh, seems like the problems just won't stop with the accord lately.  As many of you know my passenger side window was busted into a couple weeks ago....had the window replaced.  Used the car over the weekend no problems...and I went out today and now the passenger side door will not open from the outside or inside.

The door will lock and unlock....I can hear the cable move inside the door when I pull the inside handle...and I can hear something move by the lock when I pull the outside handle....but the door will not open.  Even tried pulling both handles together.

Any ideas? The autoglass installer had to take the interior panel off to replace the glass and disconnect the interior handle cable....but the door worked fine 2 days ago....even if the interior handle cable came loose the outside handle should still work.

Ideas? Help!
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 06:59:19 PM »

I would take it back to the guy who did the glass. As far as what is wrong, I have no clue.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 06:59:46 PM »

Your best bet is to find a way to get the door panel off(not fun with the door closed) and see what's going on. Chances are something is loose or disconnected.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 07:17:06 PM »

Im not sure if that is possible. The clips that hold the bottom in are covered.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 07:56:08 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
Im not sure if that is possible. The clips that hold the bottom in are covered.

Break and replace. The panel is going to have to come off in order to fix it.
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »

Umm...break and replace is not an option....door panels are a $300 part.   I've had the panels off before...don't think its possible to remove them with the door closed.  I'm going to call the autoglass people and play dumb.  I did hear some pieces of glass in the door....maybe one made its way into the door latch.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »

Not break the panel break the clips. There is no other way to get in there.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 09:35:26 PM »

Only other thing I can think of that you can try is to get in the car and apply pressure to the door while some one else uses the outside handle. Maybe a little pressure will free the latch up. At the end of the day it has to be something the glass company fucked up so get a hold of them and see what they say. If they won't help you out call your insurance company and see what they say.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 10:09:33 PM »

I'd follow Bill's advice and do exactly what you said.  Just call the glass people and play dumb.  The glass guy may have fucked something up.  It's better to let them fix it instead of making things worse.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 10:13:06 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I'd follow Bill's advice and do exactly what you said.  Just call the glass people and play dumb.  The glass guy may have fucked something up.  It's better to let them fix it instead of making things worse.

+1

odds are glass they replaced got stuck and jammed the door lock, don't try to open window until the glass place looks at it!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 10:16:57 PM »

If I remember correctly, the latch for the door has one piece that slides into one, and then a sort of latch that goes over that...if they forgot to do the latch part, the sliding pieces could have undone themselves over the last 2 days

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 11:44:28 AM »

Update - Called the glass company...they sent some one out this morning.  The guy was able to get the door panel off without opening the door.  Somehow a piece of broken glass got into the latching mechanism.  Crazy luck....then again the guy before him didn't do a fantastic job of vacuuming out the broken glass.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 12:17:39 PM »

Who was the glass company? A guy I work with has been going though a whole lot of BS with safelite autoglass. They came to replace his windshield, and have replaced the windsheild 3 times broke and replaced two trim pieces, and now his car is in the body shop getting the pillars around the windshield fixed from where they damaged it prying the trim off.
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 02:50:14 PM »

I've been working with a local company called Accurate Auto-glass here in New Orleans.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 07:27:53 AM »

Moved to the appropriate forum.  Please try to keep technical discussion/threads out of the "General Discussion" forum.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012