Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:53:23 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AV6 coupe exhaust on K24 sedan  (Read 7408 times)
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 02:49:05 PM »

looks good - gotta do a bit of sanding around the cutouts but im sure this was round 1

J u s t i n
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »

hey wait a minute.. you don't have a coupe!! YOU LIAR!!

j/k looks good killer.

-brian
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 06:59:16 PM »

Z, so you went from a single muffler to a dual or did you have a dual setup already, I don't remember? Im pretty sure you had single so did the shop attach everything underneath the ride for you or did they just weld the piping together?

I wanna do a dual setup soon myself!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 08:11:25 PM »

Quote from: "slipkord"
Looks good Z, I really like the way dual exhaust tips look on our cars. I really think you should bring them up a little. Seems like a 'big' gap between top of cutout and tip. Might just be shadows messing with my eyes. Looks good though man!
You should've seen the gap when I first made the cutouts. Imagine the top of the tips sitting even with the bottom of the bumper. Also, look at any other car with the exhaust coming straight back and there's a bit of a gap between the tip and the bumper. I couldn't go any higher since the shop used the stock hangers from the exhaust and pushed them as high as the chassis would allow.
Quote from: "lavalleemike"
If he is going to add a lip in time I think it will look good. It should fill most of the gap.
That's the plan.
Quote from: "v6sicksspeed"
looks good - gotta do a bit of sanding around the cutouts but im sure this was round 1
That's actually water droplets around the cutout. The edges are nice and smooth. Believe me when I say that I took my time with making the cutouts.
Quote from: "b_beau_09"
hey wait a minute.. you don't have a coupe!! YOU LIAR!!

j/k looks good killer.
Thanks man.
Quote from: "CrazyCreashunz"
Z, so you went from a single muffler to a dual or did you have a dual setup already, I don't remember? Im pretty sure you had single so did the shop attach everything underneath the ride for you or did they just weld the piping together?

I wanna do a dual setup soon myself!
Nope. I've always had the stock single exhaust until last Saturday. I had my shit done at a shop since I don't have access to a lift or a welder.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »

I know most of you guys probably saw the pics in the what'd you do today thread, but I thought I'd post them here as well. This was after making cutouts, raising the exhaust, fixing the cutouts more, and cleaning the tips.

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 10:41:37 AM »

did you guys notice any difference in exhaust tone with the v6 set up?

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 10:47:03 AM »

I don't know about Z since he kept the mid-muffler but it's a lot deeper. It's not really any louder, but you can sometimes hear a low deep rumble in the cabin when accelerating at certain speeds. This is probably due to having the mid-muffler removed. Other than that, it still sounds stock.

Oh, I did make a video, but it sounds like complete crap:

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 10:55:39 AM »

video didnt do any justice. looks good tho! lol

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 08:38:49 AM »

My shit sounds stock as hell. If I wanted noise, I would've gone aftermarket. Thing is, I miss the sound of an exhaust like what I had on my DA.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 09:56:54 AM »

If anyone is interested in doing this I have my exhaust coming off in the next couple of weeks, and I'll give it to you if you come and get it.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012