Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:58:37 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: inspire fogs installation  (Read 10201 times)
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 09:39:13 AM »

I have the same problem. My inspire fogs don't sit completely flush either.  I don't want to hack up my bumper any more so I just gave up.  It's not really noticeable to anyone but me so eh.
kaabob
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
kaabob pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 04:28:20 AM »

So general consensus is 1) If you leave the jacket on and mount it, it will hit the subframe of the car?  I'm about to put my dupe Inspire fogs in and would love to know before I start hacking away =P

Btw, I have an 06' bumper, if that makes a difference...
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 09:33:15 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Moved to appropriate forum.

wouldnt it make since to be in the headlight and other lighting forum?

on another note, i just got a set of these and hope i have more success with getting them installed in my 07.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 09:36:48 AM »

When I installed mine, I just made sure they were mounted VERY secure then popped the bumper on and pushed the inspires so the housing slipped under the sub frame.

You could cut away some of the top of the inspire jacket so that it doesn't hit anymore.

Also, mine aren't 100% flush either... My passenger side is perfect but on the driver side the right side (standing in front of the car looking at it) of the fogs stick out a little bit. Once the summer comes I will be fixing it because it drives me nuts, but for right now its fine.

Steve - NECM #4

ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 09:57:27 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
They didn't make brackets.  They just cut holes and shoved the fogs in there.  They also have 03-05's, and you have an '06 right?

When I had the 03-05 what Tim said was right.. we just cut it and shoved the fogs in there... Now I have the 06-07 front which is much easier and safer... Lex dremeled all the space needed and he put a few tapping screws so the fogs don't fall out, extremely secure and steady.. You could PM him..
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 05:46:54 PM »

Quote from: "Icebox"

Yes, it would make sense to have it in the lighting forum.  Good call David.  Moved to the appropriate forum.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
kaabob
Fucking Newb

kaabob pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 07:44:48 PM »

Quote from: "ROLO"
They didn't make brackets.  They just cut holes and shoved the fogs in there.  They also have 03-05's, and you have an '06 right?

When I had the 03-05 what Tim said was right.. we just cut it and shoved the fogs in there... Now I have the 06-07 front which is much easier and safer... Lex dremeled all the space needed and he put a few tapping screws so the fogs don't fall out, extremely secure and steady.. You could PM him..

I hope Lex didn't have subframe problems either. What's his online name? Sry, not too familiar with these forums.
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 10:50:07 PM »

Quote from: "kaabob"
Quote from: "ROLO"

I hope Lex didn't have subframe problems either. What's his online name? Sry, not too familiar with these forums.

the reason that you are having that subframe problem is because you need to have the fogs in the right place on the opening of the fog before reinstalling the bumper. If you look at the fogs they have a pattern on the black plastic peice for that subframe metal part to slide in place..but before that you need to make sure your fogs are sitting flush in the pocket.. to get the fogs in all the way, you need to trim the two sides of of each pocket and all the plastic tabs in the inside of the pocket, what i did to secure mine an Rolo's was 2.. 1/2" self tapping screws on each top side of the fogs against the plastic from the bumper on top of the fog light opening.

kaabob
Fucking Newb

kaabob pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 12:30:24 AM »

Ah sweet, thanks for the advice!  I've cut off the 4 tabs in the inside of the pocket to temp place ebay fogs right now, but you mentioned that I also need to trim both sides of each pocket to accommodate the Inspire's... will look into that before I remove the bumper.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 09:55:37 AM »

Quote from: "Icebox"

Yes, it would make sense to have it in the lighting forum.  Good call David.  Moved to the appropriate forum.
I don't even remember where the hell I originally moved this thread to. Mustve been one of my confused days.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 11:14:25 PM »

why can't there be any Inspire fogs that just fit right in with no issues, what is so hard about making that happen!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:02:44 PM by sherker55 » Logged

Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2010, 11:44:36 AM »

You could get an Inspire or ASEAN front end and they will fit no problem.  The issue is that you're trying to use a fog light that was not intended for the bumper.  When that happens, you can run into problems.  Any modification has it's challenges.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012