Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:23:23 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 196655 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2010, 11:19:19 PM »

Sure.  It looks good.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 24, 2010, 07:43:55 PM »

JL Audio TR690-TXi (deck)
JL Audio TR600-CXi (front)

I'm looking to go with these speakers for my car (stock HU).

I'm thinking these will be powered fine by the OEM HU. Am I correct?

I believe the front ones need some sort of adapter (according to Crutchfield) but the rear can be popped right in. How would I know what kind of adapter to get since I can get the speakers for about $40 less on eBay.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: May 24, 2010, 08:41:41 PM »

They're made by Metra or Scoche and they're specific to our Accords.  You can find them on eBay too.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 24, 2010, 11:12:39 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
They're made by Metra or Scoche and they're specific to our Accords.  You can find them on eBay too.

Is this what I'm looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metra-82-7803-Speak ... 2ead3fa179

Or am I looking for speaker connectors?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metra-72-7800-Honda ... 414efd61fc

Thanks in advance.

Eric.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 24, 2010, 11:41:10 PM »

You need speaker harnesses regardless of the speaker like the ones in the link. As for the speaker adapter, I needed a one inch spacer because of the size of my magnet. I assume you will need the same. I just got a generic brand and fit at Circuit City, when it was still around, and they worked fine. I believe they were about $20.00. Hope this helps.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 24, 2010, 11:47:24 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
You need speaker harnesses regardless of the speaker like the ones in the link. As for the speaker adapter, I needed a one inch spacer because of the size of my magnet. I assume you will need the same. I just got a generic brand and fit at Circuit City, when it was still around, and they worked fine. I believe they were about $20.00. Hope this helps.

So basically I will need both? I won't mind trying those adapters for like $10...

Eric.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 25, 2010, 12:01:40 AM »

Well, I don't know. I can't really tell what those adapters do. Why do you think you need adapters? It should be pretty simple, 6.5" speaker replaces 6.5" speaker. I'll just let the expert answer so it'll be certain.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: May 25, 2010, 07:41:58 AM »

The speaker wire adapters will be helpful, but you can just cut off the old adapters and run bare wire.  As for the speaker adapters, you may want to make sure they're spaced out so the magnet clears.

Tim
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2010, 12:33:47 PM »

any idea of the quality of JL Audio speakers? I know their subs are great.

considering different options for my build...

Edit: and which series of their speakers is the best bang for the buck?

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2010, 01:35:33 PM »

Their speakers aren't half bad actually.  Honestly, go listen to them and make your decision based on what sounds best to you within your budget.

Tim
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2010, 02:06:53 PM »

No store sells them that know of Sad.

I'll figure something out.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2010, 02:09:02 PM »

Go to their website, look for an authorized dealer near you, and ask them to listen to the speakers you want to buy.

Tim
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2010, 02:29:22 PM »

is it bad to mix brands of speakers? im sure it is, i have infinity Kappa in back and maybe gona put apline speakers that come with amp in front, i do have kappa for fronts, just have to cut oem door grill out to make them fit

kappa has cross over on each speaker to separate lows and highs and send them to tweaters and midrange speaker,

also what about disconecting/removing oem tweaters? i heard that rubs power to regular speakers

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2010, 02:50:59 PM »

It's not going to kill anything to use different brands of speakers.  The only people that care about that are judges.  

As far as your stock tweeters go, you may want to disconnect them if you're not using them.  They don't really "rob" power because they don't need much power.

Tim
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »

found other amps with speaker level inputs (kinda looks like most 4 chanel amps have this feature.)
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... /GM-D9500F
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130GM6400F ... tml?tp=115
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136J23204/ ... tml?tp=115

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012