Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 03:18:17 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 199344 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: March 04, 2010, 08:31:15 AM »

How much modification is required to fit a decent set of 6.5 components into the door/ factor tweeter locations.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: March 04, 2010, 12:10:49 PM »

Sometimes no modification is required.  You may need to modify your door panels slightly with a razor.  If the speakers are really deep or have a big magnet, you may need to cut the metal on your door a little bit too.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2010, 12:13:52 PM »

They would be alpine of course do they just bolt in.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2010, 02:42:02 PM »

Depends on which model Alpine speaker they are.  I had to Space out Dave's speakers a bunch, but Arie's just needed a standard adapter.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: March 04, 2010, 03:57:10 PM »

I might go with the R's then for an easier install
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: March 04, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »

Pussy!

Tim
ADI

Reputation Power: 1
ADI pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 07, 2010, 06:01:43 PM »

i am looking to add a sound system to my sedan, and i have been doing some research and ended up more confused then i was before. I want to have a clean sounding system with a good amount of bass, but i do not want to have subwoofer box in the trunk.

this is what i have so far, 6.5" focal speakers in the front (not sure what model exactly yet) any recommendations? i have heard nothing but good things about focal speakers, maybe these?

http://www.electrawarehouse.com/product ... 165KRC.htm

for the rear i was thinking of getting rid of the 6x9 and going with 6.5" mid bass/sub bass drivers??? or 6.5" subs???

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7020/M6+i--C ... Individual).htm

or maybe throwing some of these, if it can some how work

http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/6w3v3-4.aspx

as far as the head unit, i will be doing a nav swap and be using the premium navi unit and adding an audiocontrol LC7 to it and a good amp (not sure which one yet)

appreciate any advice, thanks.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2010, 07:12:11 PM »

It's going to be hard to have an audio system with bass, but no subwoofer.  You're expecting the midbass drivers to do the job of a subwoofer, which they are not physically capable of doing.  I'd re-think your no subwoofer clause and consider getting one or not having a lot of bass.  There are plenty of smaller subwoofers that don't take up as much space as some other set ups with huge boxes and big drivers.

Tim
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2010, 03:10:23 PM »

Well I have begun to think its time for an audio upgrade.  I have the OEM H/U 6CD changer, with the XM disconnected and a Dension IceLink iPod adapter hooked up.  The problem I am having is that the iPod puts out such a massive amount of bass signal that the OEM speakers get distorted with bass before it gets loud enough to really rock out the way I want to.

Now I mainly listen to rock and electronica so I don't need a huge stereo system or subwoofer.  I am simply looking to replace my OEM speakers (Front & Rear only, no Tweeter replacement) with a 2-way or 3-way speaker to help eliminate the distortion and give me a cleaner overall sound that can handle the additional bass signal from the iPod.  

I am keeping my stock H/U since I think it puts out enough wattage for the time being, so I am looking for opinions on the following 2 types of speakers:

2-way 6.5" speakers (since I have the tweeter up front already, getting a speaker with a separate one would just be overkill)
3-way 6x9" speaker for the rear deck

I am looking to spend about a total of $300-$400 since the as far as I know the speakers can be easily replaced and there won't be any extra wiring/amps.  I have been looking at Sony, Rockford Fosgate, and Alpine.  Any other suggestions are welcome! Thanx in advance!

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2010, 03:56:27 PM »

3 way speakers are a joke.  Don't waste your money.  Sony is crap and RF isn't that great.  While speaker replacements are a good start, do expect a huge difference.  I'd only get Alpine's from your list/  Get 2 way speakers for both front and rear.  Also, try setting your iPod EQ to Off, Flat, or Bass Reducer.  That may help with your bass heavy iPod audio.  Most aftermarket iPod accessories are intended to be used with the iPod EQ off.

Tim
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2010, 09:53:30 PM »

Thanx Tim, I know you know the audio stuff.  I'll def look into 2-way speakers then, as well as check my iPod EQ.  Optimally I am looking for speakers that will accomplish my goals now, but also I could hook up an amp later on down the road when I do put in the audio system I want. I will also discard Sony and RF, besides Alpine what brands would you recommend?

Are the speaker swaps easy? According to the Crutchfield sheet it looks pretty straight forward.

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »

For middle of the road brands, I'd recommend Alpine, Polk Audio, Boston Acoustics, or JL Audio.  Anything else I would recommend is just way too expensive and you would be doing them a disservice by connecting them to the OEM h/u.

Tim
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2010, 10:40:56 PM »

I have Polk Audio speakers that I had hooked up to a Pioneer DEH-7000bt and they sounded excellent. I recently downgraded my receiver because I place a higher priority on appearance and they still sound much better. I think I spent around $350 including brackets and harnesses. I also installed them myself and had no prior knowledge and it was simple. The hardest part is getting the door panel off.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2010, 11:37:43 PM »

I have kicker's 6x9 in the rear sounds good but i still need to do the front. i have oem nav unit  am still contemplating staying oem  or justing getting a aftermarket unit on my bottom cubbie but having 2 radios sounds like a headache to me. Ill be looking for a simple louder buget setup soon .

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2010, 07:40:34 AM »

2 Radios isn't a headache at all. The harness that you would use eliminate the speaker connections to the factory radio so there are no sound issues at all.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012