Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:42:37 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick, need an answer. Endlink issue  (Read 4748 times)
evo6011

Reputation Power: 0
evo6011 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2009, 09:17:47 PM »

Anyone know if a honda stealership stocks a rear end link for a sedan? Long story short mine is broken and I need a new one asap and dont want to order one and wait a few days for it to get here.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 09:19:27 PM »

Part stores do, advance, oreilly, etc.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
evo6011

evo6011 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 09:50:10 PM »

really? i will have to check there after the stealer. all else fails i can order it and wait like 3 days for it to show up. stupid
$11 part.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 09:52:45 PM »

I think they are a lot cheaper to. I think it is about 25 at a dealer. I think we are talking about the same part. We are if you are referring to the thing that attaches to the RSB.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 12:31:35 AM »

Hey if you can find the part at an Advance Auto Parts store, here's a link to a thread here on ECM w/ a $10 off coupon off a $25 purchase.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1434

Just trying to help out :smile:

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
evo6011

evo6011 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 10:03:07 AM »

Quote from: "unclejud49348"
Hey if you can find the part at an Advance Auto Parts store, here's a link to a thread here on ECM w/ a $10 off coupon off a $25 purchase.

Thanks man, I called them this morning and they said they have it in stock. So with the coupon, I should be able to get this part for around $15.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 10:06:27 AM »

Quote from: "evo6011"

Thanks man, I called them this morning and they said they have it in stock. So with the coupon, I should be able to get this part for around $15.

Nice. What are you waiting for then? Git r dun!

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
hondaguy214

Reputation Power: 1
hondaguy214 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:20:53 PM »

it takes 3 days for your dealer to get parts? at my toyota dealer if you call before 4 o clock. we order it that day its there in the morning waiting.

NECM SQUAD#6
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 09:23:35 PM »

It also depends on what warehouse supplies the dealer.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
evo6011

evo6011 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 10:03:43 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Quote from: "evo6011"

Nice. What are you waiting for then? Git r dun!

I had to wait to get off work.

*update* I have the part from advance auto in my garage right now and will install it in the morning. The part look very similiar but it does not have the spot where you put a hex wrench in to hold it in place while you tighten the bolt. Also, the part looks to be bare metal so I will splash on a little "camo" flat black before putting on the car.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 10:07:54 PM »

That doesn't sound too bad. How is the bolt held then?

evo6011

evo6011 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 10:16:44 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
That doesn't sound too bad. How is the bolt held then?

its just a standard 14mm nut, i suppose using a dab o loctite will hold it in place. if i'm
not mistaken, red is the color to use. also on the end link (i will post a picture tomorrow) the back portion has a bolt/grease fitting, where as the stock end link has a piece of plastic that has 4 blue dimples.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 10:22:32 PM »

I meant the head of the bolt where on the stock one you would insert a hex wrench. How would you hold this one?

evo6011

evo6011 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 11:49:23 PM »

got it now, I'll get back with you on that .
rajin929

rajin929 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 01:13:55 PM »

I ordered a set of the Moog rear sway bar endlinks for the sedan, you hold the bolt with an open end wrench on the one side of the sway bar, then the bar, then the nut on the other side.

A little more $$ than the oem replacements but the Moog ones are more beefier and have the grease fittings.

2005 Honda Accord EX 6MT Coupe (CM8) - Graphite Grey Pearl
1999 Acura 2.3CL - sold
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012