Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:32:56 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunroof Cover  (Read 4715 times)
Accord1234

Reputation Power: 1
Accord1234 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2010, 12:31:22 PM »

05 Accord Ex sunroof door track broke. Not the sunroof itself. It's a black clip that the sunroof cover slides on. Tried gettin the door off to replace but can't figure out how. I was looking on majestic hondas site but wasnt sure if I had found the right piece. Any ideas on how it gets removed?
Thank You
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 03:26:27 PM »

You might have to remove the entire headliner, and go from there, that would be my best guess

Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 05:51:44 PM »

Moved to appropriate forum.

+1 to what Mark said. Pull the roof liner off to get a better view of what broke.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 12:15:24 AM »

Yeah, you're going to need to remove the headliner.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 04:31:57 PM »

Update. Went to the Honda dealership parts counter. Explained to the guy what I needed. Took the parts guy out to my car and showed him the clip on the sunshade channel. He then went in and pulled up the parts diagram on the computer and prionted it out to show me. I asked him what part it was he said he didn't know. I felt like they wanted me to say what it was by looking at the picture so that I'm responsible if its wrong. He then suggested that I take the car in for service, pay the 95 hr labor rate to have someone take apart the sunroof and replace the piece. Unbelievable. I so wanna go some other dealership for the stuid piece.  But I'm gunna try taking down the headliner. Might not do me much good since Honda can't even find the piece I need.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »

It's possible they know what it is and don't want you sourcing it from somewhere else for cheaper and fixing it yourself. It's business man and they want it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 12:00:21 AM »

+1  Z, my honda dealer wont tell me shit, or offer any help unless I bring it in for service...fucking shady bastards

Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 08:50:27 AM »

Are you guys srsly?  When I had my clutch pedal problem, the dealership couldn't answer any questions for me because they just didn't know (and wouldn't let me speak to a tech).  They printed out the pages of the service manual to remove my pedal for me.  I didn't even buy the new pedal from the dealership.  I'm not sure why, but they did it.  Try to get a copy of the service manual, and it will have all the info you need.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 05:49:43 PM »

You guys are right. They never wanna help. All about the money
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »

I'm absolutely serious. There are dealers that are willing to help out but a lot of others I've dealt with won't tell you shit unless you pay them to do the work.

Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 08:48:17 PM »

I even got the diagram from majestic honda but can't put my finger on which piece it is. So much aggeration for nothing. Sad part is that it's my fault the sunroof door broke
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012