Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 12:16:48 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2000 cluster in 7.5 gen accord, version 2  (Read 4503 times)
kSchwiggy

Reputation Power: 1
kSchwiggy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »

Last night I tore apart my s2000 cluster to built a version with smoother interface and added functionality.

Here was the original product from my old thread:

It came out okay... but the fabrication of the bezel suffered from the extra displays for AFR and the accord mileage display at the top.  I'm sure nexson could have made a beautiful bezel without a problem... but these components made the design tough for me to work with. Besides that, since the original color I painted it didnt flow at all with the dash I knew I would have to resand and paint it anyway. Instead I've decided to remake the entire thing.

Here's a quick sketch in MS paint:

The most noticeable changes are moving the AFR display and the accord odometer INTO the s2k cluster, replacing the spots of some of the indicators like check engine, door open, etc. those indicators willbe moved into the bezel in the grey areas between gauges. some indicators will remain in the s2k cluster (i didnt draw every indicator obviously)

I will also incorporate my remote display for my valentine one radar detector into the cluster. It will be completely unnoticeable until activated by radar.

Finally, the defi guages will be recessed into the fiberglassed bezel.. so they will be flush with it, and not extend out due to the lip around the gauge face.

Electronically, the cluster backlighting will be reworked with LEDs. instead of my old red/white scheme for the RPMs... I will have an "active" lighting system. a microchip will read the engine speed... and change the backlighting to yellow at around 5000 rpm and to red at 6000.

The wiring will be completely redone, reducing the number of plugs between the cluster and the accord from 7 (old design), down to 4.

Finally, I plan to incorporate the entire conversion box i made INTO the s2k cluster housing, eliminating the extra box.

this project will be completed by the end of summer when law school resumes. 3 1/2 months to go!

Progress pictures will start this weekend as I intend to keep on this project almost daily.

LEDs have been ordered and I am looking for a PIC programmer that can work with smaller chips than what I was using before.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 09:07:52 AM »

Very innovative keep up the good work, and good luck getting this done before your deadline.
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »

i'd be going nuts with both of those trip odometers (1 up top, 1 in middle) lol. other than that. looks good!

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
kSchwiggy

Reputation Power: 1
kSchwiggy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 01:34:56 PM »

Quote from: "rich"
i'd be going nuts with both of those trip odometers (1 up top, 1 in middle) lol. other than that. looks good!

that was part of my motivation to make these changes.

However having both odometers was very very useful when testing the cluster to see over time how well the speedo signal on the s2k was calibrated to what the accord speedometer would be outputting. After running the odometers for hundreds if not over 1000 miles with less than a few miles discrepancy between the two... i realized the s2k code was good enough to reduce to one odometer. The accord odometer is chosen since it is easier to repogram and i keep my outdoor temp sensor

Having 4 trip computers (Accord A and B and S2k A and B) was neat and extremely unecessary and ridiculous.

also- the S2k odometer will be BLACKED OUT and no longer used.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 08:43:15 AM »

I like the idea.  It looks like it will be challenging to accomplish, but that will make it even better when you pull it off.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012