Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:27:34 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Request: Visor removal  (Read 3692 times)
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2010, 12:35:06 AM »

Does anyone know how to remove the visors? I need to replace mine.  Do you have to remove the entire roof lining?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:33:08 AM »

The sun visors?
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 09:43:32 AM »

Yes
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 10:53:59 AM »

I believe that there are two screws that hold them on. They should be on the side of the window. Check out this Diagram
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 04:22:04 PM »

Those screws are covered by a plastic trim piece that breaks rather easily (voice of experience). The split for that trim faces forward so you would want to pry from the front to avoid breaking that trim piece.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 07:48:13 PM »

From both sides, using a trim tool, release the tabs (A), then turn the sunvisor cap (B), and remove it from the bracket (C).

From both sides, remove the sunvisor (A) and holder (B).
Remove the self-tapping ET screws.
Remove the sunvisor from the body and holder.
If equipped, disconnect the vanity mirror light connector (C).
Using a flat-tip screwdriver, push the hook (D), turn the holder 90 degree, and then pull it out.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 08:31:25 PM »

Perfect! Where'd you find that Lex?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 11:28:41 PM »

Awesome, thanks!
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 10:34:46 PM »

haha, its a contrast to my civic where the thing would fall right OUT of the hole

A S I M O
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 07:46:23 PM »

Removed the damaged visor today. This is a ridiculously easy thing to do.  The little plastic cover comes off easy with your fingers and then the two mounting screws are right in your face...pull down the visor and unclip the power connector. Call it a day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012