Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 07:34:17 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Door Rattling  (Read 10012 times)
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 03:27:54 AM »

I found a screw in my glove box a while back. Took me a week to figure out where it came from...there is a place for a screw by the latch on the "roof" of the glove box.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 08:06:39 AM »

Hahaha.  Glad you found out where it goes.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 12:28:12 AM »

my doors were ok until i installed them coilovers a month ago. now the passenger door rattles when i hit bumps. i guess it must be because of the harsher ride.

the sounds seems to be some loose metal vibrating in the door sidings. i have removed it once and tightened the bolts. this eliminated the rattling for about a day. now they're back and i plan to remove all the screws, dip the washers in liquid rubber, let them dry before re-installing them. i'll also put loc-tite on the screws.

any other suggestions? im going nuts with the rattling.

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 06:41:09 AM »

Ear Plugs?
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 07:41:07 AM »

Remove the door.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 08:02:51 AM »

Try removing your door panel and driving around like that first.  If you still have the rattle, it will help you locate it better.  Sound deadening is the best way to reduce or stop rattles.  But, let's be srsly guys.  We have Hondas, they're going to rattle.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 08:25:04 AM »

Mine rattles like a Mexican maraca.  It annoyed me for about two years.  I've learned to ignore it. 

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 08:27:19 AM »

That can be addressed in the future.  I should have some sound deadening material in my garage.

Tim
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 08:44:47 AM »

i've tried driving around with the front passenger door sidings removed, the rattle is definitely gone. gotta find a tube of liquid rubber now...

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 01:18:42 AM »

Like some of the other guys said, vibrations are so annoying, but I feel like the more times you remove panels and stuff to try and diagnose the issues, the more you cause wear and tear on parts and in turn can increase the amount of noises.  As time goes on, you just learn to accept them or ignore them as best as possible.  Maybe it does come with age...?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 05:07:18 PM by striktlyaccord » Logged

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 08:47:57 AM »

Age of the car or age of the driver?  Cheesy

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 10:32:39 AM »

You could always replace the clips when you put your door panel back on.  They're just stupid expensive if you buy a lot of them.

Tim
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 12:01:36 PM »

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=honda

good source, not too expensive

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 05:10:24 PM »

Age of the car or age of the driver?  Cheesy

Learning to accept all of the noises comes with the age of the driver.  Or maybe it's denial...

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 05:24:42 AM »

I'd say its a little of both.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012