Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:05:36 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katzkin Installation **UPDATE** with pictures  (Read 18435 times)
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 10:38:26 PM »

Looks awesome man. Your going to freeze your bum off on those leather seats though!
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 07:46:33 AM »

Thanks guys. Im hoping to get the back seat done today. Hopefully Saturday I can get the driver seat and the rest of the trim.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 07:49:39 AM »

Did you make sure to use plenty of lube to slide those covers on?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 07:54:51 AM »

Yeah, I used an entire bottle of astrolglide for that seat? Is that normal or is my seat to big for the cover?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 08:09:24 AM »

That's just funny on so many different levels...
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 08:58:17 AM »

Well Bill, if you used an entire bottle, the problem is in your technique. I think you need some practice as this seems to be your first time.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 05:30:15 PM »

I guess it is my technique. Being a newbie I figured the more slippery it was the easier it would be to get in there. After that entire bottle it was still a bitch to get in there. At one point when I had gotten the cushion in the cover I thought I had messed up and put it in the wrong one, driver cover instead of passenger cover, and I couldnt get the damn thing out. Eventually I got it though. I just got finshed with the rear bench. On to the back!

Bill C.
SECM member
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »

Well, the back seat is done. Im not near as pleased with it as I was with the front seat. I'm pretty sure I can fiddle with it and make it look good but it's just too damn cold. I have had the garage door open so all the heat has escaped and it will take it a while to warm back up so Im done for the night and I'm going off to party for the night. I plan to do the front seat tomorrow and mess with the back to hopefully make it look better.

Bill C.
SECM member
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »

Another update. I got the head rests on and they look very nice. I have messed with the back seat a little bit and it looks better. The garage has warmed up so I should be getting started here pretty soon. As I posted in the shoutbox, I received two passenger bolsters so at the moment I have a cloth and leather bolster. Hopefully, Katzkin will take care of me in that regard. I'll post pics when I get done for the day.

Bill C.
SECM member
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »

how did you do the headrests? are they like slip covers? because i thought the regular headsets are sewn on (i may be wrong...)

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 10:51:17 PM »

I did not take off the cloth ones. The leather ones have this neat little clip things that just gives you a nice seam underneath. They were hard to get on there because they are so tight. Once they are on you are able to adjust them to line up the seams, then you are good to go. This really is simple to do, you just have to be able to maneuver your hands in tight places and have some common sense.

Bill C.
SECM member
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 10:58:08 PM »

Bill, that looks good man...you should do the black carpets on the floor...it looks sweeeeet

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 11:36:59 PM »

I have been wanting black carpet but since I have a sedan all my accent plastic is dark brown opposed to black like the coupe. I think black, tan, and brown are too many colors. So my only option in my opinion would be to swap the brown pieces with black. I priced it and it was going to be very expensive.

Something else cool, My car has that coveted new car smell again Smiley.

Bill C.
SECM member
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 11:55:43 PM »

I might be able to do something for you there...if all goes well with my back and the recovery/physical therapy I am going to take a stab at a side job...that is, once I find a main job!  More to come as I heal...

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 09:51:17 AM »

Any photos of the complete installation?
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012