Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 10:08:09 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: gauges  (Read 15681 times)
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 02:23:31 PM »

i guess im goin to go with aem gauges then. im taking a metra upper dash kit and mounting the three gauges in the single din location. i will be some time before this happens because i want them for a build that im no where near able to afford yet. thanks for the info.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »

Don't waste your money on the metra kit.  That thing is junk and makes your HVAC controls sluggish.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 02:40:25 PM »

i bought one used on here. could care less if the controls are slow. i have the basic ones anyways, no climate control.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »

I've had one for a while and it bugs me that there's up to a 5 second delay when you change anything on it.  It will bug you when you're used to things working properly.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 11:15:08 AM »

maybe so, but im not a fan of the pillar gauge pods so if i have to sacrifice 5 seconds when i turn on the ac, so be it.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 12:24:21 PM »

Quote from: "Icebox"
maybe so, but im not a fan of the pillar gauge pods so if i have to sacrifice 5 seconds when i turn on the ac, so be it.
I would custom mount them into the center piece of the dash above the radio.
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 12:41:08 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I would custom mount them into the center piece of the dash above the radio.

Either there or if you are just going to do an A/F gauge you could custom mount it to the top of the steering column.

like nexon did here for a CL-S
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169108

Steve - NECM #4

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 01:29:44 PM »

On top of the steering column is a pretty good spot too.  There are plenty of places you can put gauges if you don't want them in your a-pillar.

Tim
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 04:25:41 PM »

I thought Ryanns guages looked ok. Here is a picture from his profile.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 06:27:20 PM »

I think that was also a custom job by Nexon Bill. He has a thread on v6p with a sort of how-to for them.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 06:53:38 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
I thought Ryanns guages looked ok. Here is a picture from his profile.

i remember seeing ryans and thinking. I WANT THAT! lol thats probably the set up i will go with. oil pressure and a/f ratio

kSchwiggy

Reputation Power: 1
kSchwiggy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 01:18:39 PM »

you do NOT want to put gauges below your line of sight or off to the side too far because it will be distracting during driving and downright dangerous to look at the gauges while driving. and you'll probably get tired of waiting for the AC to turn on with the metra kit. have nexson fab you a gauge pod like ryanns above, or the single pod he made me that lead up to ryann's double pod

the steering column pods are nice too... i saw that double pod in person and for me it blocks the view of the gauge cluster too much but it's still a good location overall.
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 01:41:57 PM »

thanks for the input kai.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
asnstyle22
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
asnstyle22 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 09:29:51 PM »

are there any oil pressure gauge thats just an LCD that tells me the pressure? i dont want a big round thing in the car, want it small so i can put it somewhere inconspicuously
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »

Probably.  You'll just have to look around for one.  What do you have against a round gauge?

Tim
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012