Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:12:35 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] JohnnyG123  (Read 11366 times)
JohnnyG123

Reputation Power: 2
JohnnyG123 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2008, 10:24:57 PM »

Quote from: JohnnyG123;231203
Car is a 2010 BBP EX-L V6 6MT. I've had it since october 2010. I bought it used from a friend so he could afford to buy his new house. My previous car was a 2003 SSM EX I4 5MT Accord coupe.

Current Mods are:
Engine
Injen CAI w/ hydroshield filter cover
RV6 PCD's
RV6 V3 j-pipe
Megan Racing OE-RS Catback

Suspension/Brakes
Megan Racing EZ coilovers
Progress 22mm RSB
EBC slotted rotors
EBC Greenstuff pads
Stainless Steel braided lines
Volk TE37 in gunmetal, 19x8.5 +43 offset

Lighting
DDM 4500k HID kit
Ebay yellow fogs
Yellow DRL/High beams
LED interior lights
Zexen rear taillight mod

Audio
USB interface
Memphis Audio 6.5" replacement speakers
Memphis Audio 250w amp w/ LOC from factory sub
Memphis Audio 10" Subwoofer

Interior/Misc
Modded TL shift knob
35% Window tint
TSX switchblade key

Future
255/35/19 tires (havent decided on a tire just yet)
RL front caliper upgrade
Rear brake caliper adaptor
AEM FIC
MDX riser and ported intake runners
3-arm camber kit

Pictures in somewhat chronological order. Stock wheels with spacers are currently installed.
My previous accord

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 02:32:50 PM by JohnnyG123 » Logged

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 10:46:06 AM »

Welcom John.  I have some of those mods that you're planning on upgrading too.  I can safely say that you'll be very happy with the Legend caliper swap and TSX 6MT.  Have you considered the TL-S front sway and Accord 6MT Shock Tower Bar for your suspension upgrades?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
JohnnyG123

JohnnyG123 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 08:36:04 PM »

the tl-s front sway is on the maybe list. as for the 6mt front shock tower bar, i really dont see the point of having that and the neuspeed bar at the same time. because the shock towers are already connected to the back of the engine bay with those short bars that the 6mt bar replaces. with those and the neuspeed bar together i think that would have the same effect.

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 11:52:15 PM »

Just so you know.....

OEM 6MT STB > Neuspeed STB

.....because it ties into the firewall.  I can understand why you'd be iffy about the front sway bar.  It's a total PITA to install.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »

Welcome John.  I've been debating on getting both Neuspeed and 6spd strut bars as well and wondering how much better it would be with both or just one.  I guess the only way to find out is install one, wait and then install the other.  Small difference def can go a long way though.  For instance the Tl-s front sway is only 1.8mm bigger than our stock bar but the handling and body roll difference is HUGE in my eyes. Maybe that's just me though.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:36:58 AM »

Welcome aboard Johnny, You are going to like how the Firehawk GT perform.
JohnnyG123

JohnnyG123 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 09:10:33 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Just so you know.....

OEM 6MT STB > Neuspeed STB

.....because it ties into the firewall.  I can understand why you'd be iffy about the front sway bar.  It's a total PITA to install.
i dont see tying into the firewall as necesary because the car came from the factory with bars that tie into the firewall. i think just adding the neuspeed bar to that would have the same, if not better effect than just adding the 6mt bar because you have a stronger bar that goes straght across and doesnt curve and allow for flex. my $.02.

ill probly throw the tl-s front sway bar on the car at some point. i know ill get bored once iget the current mod list completed. and i am a suspension junkie afterall. :mrgreen:

oh and if anyone was wondering what i have to contribute to the forum, i am pretty knowledgable about suspension and alignments. i dont know much about the aftermarket products available for the accord just yet, but im still reading and learning.

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 12:40:06 PM »

Good stuffy John.  I may have to run a few questions by ya when I do my alignment again.  I've been sticking with the stock alignment specs, but I'm thinking about playing around with the camber in the front and rear to see if it improves my handling.

I have both the Neuspeed bar (installed) and the 6MT bar (not installed yet).  Since I have to take off the Neuspeed bar to install the 6MT bar, I'll go out and try to do a quick comparison.  There are a few twisty roads around here that I can bomb.  I did notice a big difference when I added the Neuspeed bar though.  I have also noticed a great difference with the 22mm Comptech rear sway bar, and an improvement with the TL-S front sway bar.  Once I get the 6MT bar on, my suspension should be pretty beefy.  I think the only other suspension component that I want to add is the Cusco TSX Type II chassis brace.

Tim
JohnnyG123

JohnnyG123 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 12:14:08 AM »

sure thing man, id be glad to help ya with your alignment specs. once i get my camber kits and new suspension on im planning on running -1.5 camber all around. toe will stay at stock specs for the sake of tire wear. and with my 245 wide tires i should be able to corner like a mofo.

i may as well add the front sway bar to the list cause everyone has good things to say about it. ive been curious about that tsx chassis brace as well.

a few minor updates : ebay amber foglights, pnp hid kit ordered last week, should be on the way soon. also i traded trunk lids with mtsixspeed today so now my car has a spoiler. updated pics soon.

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
JohnnyG123

JohnnyG123 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 11:50:45 PM »

futre mod list updated. took most of the stuff off because i bought this  :twisted: :

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
Latin2nr

Reputation Power: 6
Latin2nr pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 06:17:15 PM »

Never too late to say welcome John.

Life's A Drift, Hang On Never Look Back

EliteCM/NYCM Squad   Team CrazyCreashunz   AutoClubNation.Com
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 06:41:27 PM »

welcome to the elite.
JohnnyG123

JohnnyG123 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 10:30:53 PM »

Updated OP. Some big changes coming this weekend! Tinting windows friday, "new" wheels and installing lowering springs saturday. Will post pics when this is all done.

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 12:14:11 AM »

What happened?  Your car turned ugly and blue?

Tim
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 10:25:44 AM »

ROFL!!

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012