Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:18:54 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Site Suggestions  (Read 162121 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 06, 2010, 09:23:48 AM »

I was wondering why I saw that bitch at the top. Confused the shit out of me.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: July 06, 2010, 06:02:08 PM »

When you click on "view your posts", is there any way for just topics to show up that you've either created or posted in, rather than showing every post you've made one-by-one?  I liked that old way of "searching" just for my stuff better.  Embarrassed

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 06, 2010, 07:00:15 PM »

When you click on "view your posts", is there any way for just topics to show up that you've either created or posted in, rather than showing every post you've made one-by-one?  I liked that old way of "searching" just for my stuff better.  Embarrassed
such as the "View your posts" link?

- Mark
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: July 06, 2010, 07:46:21 PM »

Tim, is there egosearch like there was on old layout?

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: July 06, 2010, 08:14:02 PM »

Not that I know of.  To be honest, I'm still getting used to this new format as you guys are.  Jeff is the one that sold me on this format since he said it was more modifiable.  He would be the best person to make suggestions to in this thread.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: July 06, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »

I know what you are talking about. I'll figure something out.

As far as the egosearch goes, what the hell is that?  Tongue

striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: July 12, 2010, 03:08:05 AM »

I know what you are talking about. I'll figure something out.

... any word on this?

Jeff Likes Bagels

Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: July 12, 2010, 10:31:55 AM »

I'm still working on it. I'm trying to find a better solution.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 25, 2010, 10:20:47 AM »

I'm sure many have noticed the rep points under everyone's user name. As Tim said in the Off Topic thread, let's not abuse them. I'll come out and say I was guilty of a couple. My question is directed towards everyone on the forum. How do you guys propose on using these things? I've never seen a forum with them so I'm curious of what you guys think. Positive/ negative sales? Good/ bad advice? Shoot some suggestions. Hell, its the title of the thread.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 25, 2010, 10:50:16 AM »

I'm sure many have noticed the rep points under everyone's user name. As Tim said in the Off Topic thread, let's not abuse them. I'll come out and say I was guilty of a couple. My question is directed towards everyone on the forum. How do you guys propose on using these things? I've never seen a forum with them so I'm curious of what you guys think. Positive/ negative sales? Good/ bad advice? Shoot some suggestions. Hell, its the title of the thread.
the rep points could be a bad idea because anyone can give negative points based on personal issues which can easily arise between members that dont know each other well. i believe that a member should have a certain number of posts before being allowed to give points to another member.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 25, 2010, 11:25:30 AM »

I think to give negative/positive points you should have to submit a reason and allow that person to see it and give them the ability to protest it. Not sure if that is possible though.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2010, 12:21:48 PM »

I think to give negative/positive points you should have to submit a reason and allow that person to see it and give them the ability to protest it. Not sure if that is possible though.
but then who would be the one to evaluate whose argument is valid? sounds like it would create alot of extra work for the admins.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: August 25, 2010, 01:40:31 PM »

I'm bored I'd do it lol...
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2010, 02:11:31 PM »

All valid points.  It was something that another member had suggested and was easy to implement.  I'm not sure if it could be modified to give reasons that need to be approved by a moderator, but that's not a bad idea.  Realistically, we would have one person appointed to "moderate" the negative and positive comments.  It would be pretty nice to make it available for everyone to see what was said and who said it. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2010, 02:25:34 PM »

Another option to this might be to have it set up so only Mod's and above can give the points then members could reccomend them via PM. I'd take the burden of tracking it but, we would have to write out a set of guide rules which we can work together on. I have some ideas.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012