Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:15:28 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tech Gear Thread  (Read 112466 times)
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 03:49:52 PM »

I've had good luck with Parrot stuff..  Only time I had bad luck was when I bought a used unit from a guy on Craigslist.. He lied on the ad saying that the unit was perfectly functional, but the second I turned it on, it wouldn't hold a connection or stay on.  I've bought 3 of the CK3100 units new, and I was happy with each one.  Unfortunately, they all ended up staying in the car they were installed in when they were traded in Sad

Only place I use hands free right now is when I'm in the car.  Outside of the car, I just put the phone up to my ear or sometimes use speakerphone, so I haven't looked into bluetooth headsets.

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 04:18:16 PM »

I got a Parrot MKi9100 and it crapped out in like 4 months.  I have to pull her dash apart again and see what the hell is wrong with it.  I think Honda fucked up my install.  I know that it worked fine for a while, but then the mic started getting really shitty. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 05:17:22 PM »

this isn't really tech gear per se. but tech related.. does anyone in here know how to write Visual Basic, or any other type of code?  I'm interested in learning and could use some pointers, and resources.

-brian
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 05:49:18 PM »

I know some Objective C and I am learning HTML right now. Not sure if that counts, ha. I think Jeff is pretty knowledgeable in that area, maybe not that specific language though.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 06:15:55 PM »

I took a course in college about 10 years ago. Not sure how much I retained but, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 10:10:37 PM »

I'm good with XHTML and CSS, but know nothing about anything else, haha. I'm just a really good copy-paster, so that's how I manage. This site is coded in PHP, but I'm still able to get around with it.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 03:21:11 AM »

I've had good luck with Parrot stuff..  Only time I had bad luck was when I bought a used unit from a guy on Craigslist.. He lied on the ad saying that the unit was perfectly functional, but the second I turned it on, it wouldn't hold a connection or stay on.  I've bought 3 of the CK3100 units new, and I was happy with each one.  Unfortunately, they all ended up staying in the car they were installed in when they were traded in Sad

Only place I use hands free right now is when I'm in the car.  Outside of the car, I just put the phone up to my ear or sometimes use speakerphone, so I haven't looked into bluetooth headsets.
Funny you mention the CK3100 and buying it used because that's what's in my car now. I got it dirt cheap and its worked great since.

Tim, if Honda was fucking around in Robyn's dash, it wouldn't surprise me that they fucked with the Parrot since it would've been "in the way" of whatever they were doing.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 07:46:01 AM »

The Parrot is behind her glove box.  They were fixing the harness in her steering column.  It stopped working before Honda touched it though.  I just need to tear into her dash one day.  The part that sucks is that it's too cold and wet out now and I don't have a garage.  I can't wait to move out of MA to an area that's affordable enough for me to get a place with a 2 car garage.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 08:05:01 AM »

Which one do you have David?  Is it comfortable with decent sound quality (for both ends of the call)?  Plantronics has been manufacturing communications headsets for a long time. 
i have the plantronics voyager 520, ive had for a couple years and it has been a great headset. imo far better than a jawbone. ive tested numerous different types of headsets in the past when i managed a radioshack and this one was by far the best! sound quality is great, i mainly use it when im on long phone calls and never get complaints from the person i talk to, even if im in the car with the windows open.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 09:11:01 AM »

You're a bold man.  I have trouble driving in my car with the windows up.  Exhaust drone sucks. 

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 11:03:49 AM »

The Parrot is behind her glove box.  They were fixing the harness in her steering column.  It stopped working before Honda touched it though.  I just need to tear into her dash one day.  The part that sucks is that it's too cold and wet out now and I don't have a garage.  I can't wait to move out of MA to an area that's affordable enough for me to get a place with a 2 car garage.
Weird. Something may have popped loose with it. I know mine was a bit fidgety until I checked and the connections. As for a cheaper area with houses that have two car garages, I'm right there with ya man. I hate paying over $300 a month for power in an 1800 sq. ft. house. Its a bit much if you ask me.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 12:09:16 PM »

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/05/parrot-minikit-smart-windshield-mount-cradles-your-phone-caress/.

new parrott windshield mount.. I know jeff was looking for something like that..

-brian
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 12:43:29 PM »

For that price, you can get the same one I have and not have anything exposed.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 01:16:59 PM »

Not a bad product actually. 

Tim
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 09:41:36 PM »

configuring a new router right now.. hopefully it performs well..

- Mark
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012