Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:52:06 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to splice high beams to an OEM switch?  (Read 7925 times)
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 12:26:21 PM »

Quote from: Billy
I didn't do a DIY cuz it is a very simple procedure! No DIY is on the site either. Just order a oem switch and oem switch harness. You will end up customizing the harness to your needs like I did. I used 4 out of the 5 wires from the harness to wire it up to go on when I want em' to while still keeping the original function of the high beams. Your not to far from me and would gladly show you one day if ya want. Im over in Brooklyn by Kings Plaza Mall...

Quote from: Timot_one
If you look at an OEM harness, you'll be able to understand what each pin is there for. Here's the run down of what each wire does.

black - ground
green - 12v to your fog light relay
blue - 12v in to the switch
red - out to illumination control in your dash (for the switch backlight)
red/black - 12v in when your parking lights are on.

Basically what I did was the end where the harness goes into the switch I followed it down to the split and cut the wires and discarded the rest of the harness. This way you now have 5 exposed wires like the above attached to the harness plug.

I used the BLACK wire to Ground, the GREEN wire straight to the high beams tapping into each high beam plugs power wire. I used the BLUE and RED wire together to the 12v (battery) supply. The GREEN and RED/BLUE wire will have to be run through the firewall. I didn't use a relay cuz I had this same setup on my gen5accord and had no problems for years....

Like I said before I can always show ya what to do when you have everything!

This is from a PM like 2 years ago when I asked Billy the same thing. Hope it helps!

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 12:39:17 PM »

This is def a great help Cyaniide, thank you!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »

I just want to point something out.  The set up Billy has is a bit over complicated.  It really doesn't need to be as complicated and you really shouldn't have to run any wires from the cabin into the engine compartment.  You should be able to run one 12v wire from the switch to the high beam trigger in the combination switch.  I'll look into it when I have time, but I've been pretty busy and just haven't had time to take a look at the wiring manual I have.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 10:09:18 AM »

Quote from: Billy
I didn't do a DIY cuz it is a very simple procedure! No DIY is on the site either. Just order a oem switch and oem switch harness. You will end up customizing the harness to your needs like I did. I used 4 out of the 5 wires from the harness to wire it up to go on when I want em' to while still keeping the original function of the high beams. Your not to far from me and would gladly show you one day if ya want. Im over in Brooklyn by Kings Plaza Mall...

Quote from: Timot_one
If you look at an OEM harness, you'll be able to understand what each pin is there for. Here's the run down of what each wire does.

black - ground
green - 12v to your fog light relay
blue - 12v in to the switch
red - out to illumination control in your dash (for the switch backlight)
red/black - 12v in when your parking lights are on.

Basically what I did was the end where the harness goes into the switch I followed it down to the split and cut the wires and discarded the rest of the harness. This way you now have 5 exposed wires like the above attached to the harness plug.

I used the BLACK wire to Ground, the GREEN wire straight to the high beams tapping into each high beam plugs power wire. I used the BLUE and RED wire together to the 12v (battery) supply. The GREEN and RED/BLUE wire will have to be run through the firewall. I didn't use a relay cuz I had this same setup on my gen5accord and had no problems for years....

Like I said before I can always show ya what to do when you have everything!

This is from a PM like 2 years ago when I asked Billy the same thing. Hope it helps!

WOW! You still had this....

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 01:53:30 AM »

See Nelson? Can't let people take their time because things end up not being updated lol.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012