Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:45:09 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Header Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 83654 times)
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 29, 2012, 05:33:04 PM »

^^ Thanks guys.  Yeah, that damn flex pipe issue (main reason why I would consider a more inexpensive brand and having a better flex pipe welded in its place Wink)

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 29, 2012, 05:48:28 PM »

Flex pipe isues happen after like 6 months or something, you start hearing air leaking out of it. I just welded a metal pipe there because it wouldn't matter what flex pipe was put, DC Headers let off a lot of heat so I just prevent the problem forever lol.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: February 29, 2012, 11:16:03 PM »

For what it's worth, you're not really going to see a huge difference in performance between most of the bolt on headers available for the Accord.  Realistically, the main difference between the DC and the other less expensive brands is the fit.  You guys wouldn't end up seeing any major benefits until you started dropping money on a race header like what ASP, HyTech or SSR makes.  Even then the gains wouldn't be as significant if the motor was basically stock.  Get whatever you think is going to be best and see how it works out.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2012, 04:21:36 PM »

^^ Thanks Tim.  I agree that even with all the bolt-on's possible, the changes in engine performance (i.e. increase in torque and hp) are not substantial (and may not be even be worth the money  Sad).  It does something, but, to me, it's more psychological.  Cheesy

BTW, another question:  To combat the potential issue with the flex pipe, would it be possible to also install spring-bolts?  Not even sure if they are even applicable...

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »

You could try almost anything.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2012, 04:52:32 PM »

Good point Tim.  Thanks.  For a few extra bucks, it would be worth exploring (in lieu of having to replace the flex pipe every so often Smiley)...

clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2013, 09:37:51 AM »

I was just looking under my car yesterday, and the flex pipe on my ceramic DC headers is shot. What are my options to fix it?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2013, 09:54:52 AM »

Have the flex pipe cut out and replaced with something from vibrant.

Tim
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2013, 12:43:18 PM »

Have the flex pipe cut out and replaced with something from vibrant.

Will the Vibrant option last?

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2013, 12:44:12 PM »

Hell of a lot more than the crap that comes with DC headers.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2013, 02:43:06 PM »

Vibrant stuff is pretty common in the import shops I have gone to. Will it last? That all depends on different factors like engine movement, exhaust movement, how much power you're making, how you drive, etc.

What I ended up doing with my exhaust is getting a flex pipe and having v band flanges welded on. That way, if my flex pipe breaks, I just buy another one, have the flanges welded on and bolting it up.

Tim
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2013, 02:17:34 AM »

I am thinking about getting this header. Its for the TSX and i know ill have to cut the exhaust a little because the tsx header is longer but this header is cheaper than all the others ive seen. What do you guys think?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/J2-SS-TUBULAR-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-HEADER-EXTRACTOR-04-08-ACURA-TSX-CL9-2-4L-K24A2-/390546331826?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AAcura%7CModel%3ATSX&hash=item5aee6018b2&vxp=mtr
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2013, 08:11:07 AM »

Who the hell is J2? Did Skunk2 finally realize their stuff was junk?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2013, 09:14:09 AM »

You get what you pay for.  Good luck with that. 

Tim
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2013, 05:25:01 PM »

You get what you pay for.  Good luck with that. 
Who the hell is J2? Did Skunk2 finally realize their stuff was junk?
I have no idea who they are lol but what could be the worst case scenario? the welds are bad? i have a welder and i know how to weld so i can fix them or reinforce them myself. I have heard that the DC header is not that great either and this is half the price. I think i will give this one a shot and be the guinea pig.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012