Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:34:12 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] SilverCM5  (Read 9334 times)
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 08:45:58 PM »

Welcome to ECM dude! Enjoy...

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 09:42:17 PM »

Welcome to ECM enjoy the site... Car look great.
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 10:45:36 PM »

Welcome Jonathan!  Very clean so far.  Interested in that Spyder header.  How's the quality?  Felt any "gains" based on the "butt" dyno? Smiley

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
SilverCM5
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
SilverCM5 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 02:30:31 AM »

Welcome Jonathan. Now there's two Jonathan's with 05 SSM CM5's. Good thing I go by Z.
LOL cool. Nice to meet you Z

Thanks bro. Nice Accord bro. What are you dropped on?

Welcome to ECM enjoy the site... Car look great.
Thanks bro. I love your signature. Android all day!! LOL I own an android phone and I love it!

Welcome Jonathan!  Very clean so far.  Interested in that Spyder header.  How's the quality?  Felt any "gains" based on the "butt" dyno? Smiley
Thanks bro, The quality is good. I got the stainless steel header cause it doesn't attract as much as dirt as the ceramic header. I did feel a difference in torque and power. I haven't got my car dynoed yet. It also sounds more aggressive, due to my car having the tsx manifold,  and the 2 1/2 exhaust. The only thing I had to do was extend the o2 sensor cause the stock one wasn't long enough. But other than that, I'm happy with it. I got a good deal on them and possibly in the future, I'll upgrade to the DC headers, which I know a lot of Accord Enthusiasts have.

SilverCM5
Fucking Newb

SilverCM5 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 02:32:00 AM »

Rialto
Cool bro, not that far away from Fontana. Do you go to any local meets?

Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 03:38:30 AM »

Naw dude not yet
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 10:52:50 AM »

Nice car, liking the Inspire fogs.  Not sure I'd consider going with the DC headers an "upgrade."  I hear a lot of people having issues with the flex pipe.  If your current header is holding up, I wouldn't change it. 

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 11:27:28 AM »

^This.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
SilverCM5
Fucking Newb

SilverCM5 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »

Naw dude not yet
Oh Ok cool. I try to go a meet at least once a month. If I find meet, would you be down to go? Usually when I go, I go with a couple of friends, so the more, the merrier. LOL

Nice car, liking the Inspire fogs.  Not sure I'd consider going with the DC headers an "upgrade."  I hear a lot of people having issues with the flex pipe.  If your current header is holding up, I wouldn't change it. 
Good point bro. Yeah the headers are holding up fine. I'll stick with them then.

HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 12:01:48 PM »

Thanks for the info on the Spyder headers.  Interested to see how they hold up over time.  I was contemplating the OBX headers as well (search eBay), since they are a possible alternative to the DC headers, inexpensive and seem to be of pretty good quality.  In for updates Smiley
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:15:04 PM by HEcreated487 » Logged

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 02:18:57 PM »

Thanks bro. Nice Accord bro. What are you dropped on?

Eibach Prokit and Tokico Shocks.... [the angle make me look alittle lower in the picture] Probably going with a 1pc setup from D2 soon though!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 02:43:32 PM »

DC Headers are good. Yeah, flex pipe opens up and you hear air going through it after like 6 months but all you do is weld a metal pipe in place and you'll never have the problem again.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »

I understand that the flex pipe is known to break because of excessive engine movement and poor design and use of lesser materials from DC. Replacing it with a metal pipe and no flex isn't a very good alternative though. There will still be engine movement and the metal pipe will break lot sooner than the flex pipe would have.

Honestly, if you're happy with the header you have right now, leave it there. You'll really only see benefits from a custom race header from someone like ASP, SSR, or Hytech with dyno tuning. For a stock application, stick with what you have since it I probably a lot more cost effective.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »

I put the metal pipe on last July and still in tact for me. I replaced the flex pipe earlier last year around March and already neededreplacement because you could hear the air come out of the flex. I'm just putting in my personal experience out there as input about it since I do have it installed. Having a metal pipe there for me, no problems.

I don't think its that big a deal unless you really are building your engine, then get the custom made headers Tim said. But, that's a whole 'nother ballpark.
SilverCM5
Fucking Newb

SilverCM5 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 12:18:38 AM »

Thanks for the info on the Spyder headers.  Interested to see how they hold up over time.  I was contemplating the OBX headers as well (search eBay), since they are a possible alternative to the DC headers, inexpensive and seem to be of pretty good quality.  In for updates Smiley
If you're interested in the Spyder Auto headers, I can ask my friend for a price. I got them from him and he gave me a good price.

I understand that the flex pipe is known to break because of excessive engine movement and poor design and use of lesser materials from DC. Replacing it with a metal pipe and no flex isn't a very good alternative though. There will still be engine movement and the metal pipe will break lot sooner than the flex pipe would have.

Honestly, if you're happy with the header you have right now, leave it there. You'll really only see benefits from a custom race header from someone like ASP, SSR, or Hytech with dyno tuning. For a stock application, stick with what you have since it I probably a lot more cost effective.
Good points Tim. It's true about the flex pipe. I know a friend who got header and had to change out the flex pipe as well. The guy at the shop told us the exact thing that Tim stated. So we just went to the muffler shop and got an replacement flex pipe. Yeah, I'm happy with my header and I feel the improvements over the stock header. Thanks for all the input guys.

Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012