Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:49:32 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine Mounts  (Read 2264 times)
Jade06

Reputation Power: 0
Jade06 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2009, 10:09:30 AM »

Hey guys, I might have to change my engine mounts. When I take the car out of park I get a noise and like the front of the car jerks alittle...

So I was going to replace them and was wondering, looks like I will need part # 2, 3, and 4 from the diagram... should I rplace #5 as well (tranny mount)?

South Bay Honda

InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 05:51:08 PM »

The mounts aren't 2, 3, 4, or 5. Those are the brackets connected to the mounts E. The mounts you should be looking at are 9 (front), 8 (passeger side), 6 (Rear of engine), 13 (upper part of trannie), 11 (lower part of trannie). Usually you can tell if a mount is bad if you see some type of black fluid oozing out of it. At other times, you can tell just by looking at the way the engine vibrates at idle or by visually looking at the mounts to see if there's any cracks or tears in the rubber. Don't go changing all the mounts unless you know it's bad cuz you'll just be wasting money changing a mount that didnt needed changing.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »

^Good advice Steve.  The only thing that I wanted to mention, is that there are two lower transmission mounts.  The front is #11 and the rear is #12.  That's the only thing that was really missing from the list.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 07:10:07 PM »

Thanks Tim. I didn't realize that the lower transmission mounts were two pieces that inter-locked into each other.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012