Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 11:13:12 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Acura Legend GS Sedan Dual Piston Caliper Swap  (Read 81918 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2011, 02:24:11 PM »

I think it is VHT that I used. I had to buy it online from Amazon because I couldn't get it anywhere locally.

striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2011, 05:46:36 PM »

Time to start price shopping and making purchases.  Money in, money out.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »

Its usually money out 2x money in though isn't it.
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2011, 10:52:57 PM »

So for my i4, if I order aftermarket rotors for the Legend LS coupe or the Legend GS sedan, are they the same spec or different?

And you still need to reverse the sides of the calipers on the i4 (i.e. left GS caliper installed on the right, and right GS caliper installed on the left) because of a damn bleeder screw??
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:10:45 PM by striktlyaccord » Logged

striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2011, 10:54:05 PM »

Sometimes, yeh.  Mike, throw on a steelie for me and let me know if it clears the calipers lol.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2011, 02:04:29 AM »

The part numbers are the same for the LS coupe and GS sedan for the rotors.  Regardless of what you get it for, it will be the same thing.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AV6NHBP6SPD

AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: May 16, 2011, 08:23:24 AM »

gs brake pads and 04 6spd pads look very similar, gs pads have some kinda notches on top of brake pads(edges)
legend brake pads on right(ebc green) and 6spd on left.
since brakets that hold the caliper are the same i dont see why you can use accord brake pads for it. just have to check clearance of those tabs

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: May 16, 2011, 08:54:11 AM »

Sometimes, yeh.  Mike, throw on a steelie for me and let me know if it clears the calipers lol.

Don't have those. Tim probably used steelies over his GS calipers.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 16, 2011, 10:03:20 AM »

I actually don't remember if I did or not.  Honestly, I highly doubt the steelies won't clear.  The calipers are about the same size.  Remember, the pistons for the caliper are on the inside of your wheel.  Any additional bulk on the caliper because of the additional piston would not have anything that would get in it's way.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: May 16, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »

^ OK.

striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2011, 12:48:30 PM »

Can someone answer the question above about needing to reverse the calipers?  Also, there seems to be a lot of speculation about which rotors (v6, 6speed, legend, etc.) work with which brackets and pads.  I hate overthinking, so can someone clarify which combination is the right one for an i4 sedan?  Gracias.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2011, 12:59:57 PM »

Yes, you need to flip the calipers so that the bleeder valve is on top.

As far as what rotors to get. If you have an i4, your easiest option is to get Legend rotors, and stick with the Legend caliper bracket.

For v6 accords, you can also get the v6 6mt coupe caliper bracket and v6 6mt rotors. Whether or not this solution would work on an i4, I don't know. I was close to trying it, but I didn't want to take the risk, so I went with the original option.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: May 16, 2011, 05:38:46 PM »

I merged your new topic Dave.  You're asking a lot of questions pertaining to one topic in multiple threads.  It's better to have all of that information in one thread for people to reference, instead of strewn across multiple threads.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: May 16, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »

Can someone answer the question above about needing to reverse the calipers?  Also, there seems to be a lot of speculation about which rotors (v6, 6speed, legend, etc.) work with which brackets and pads.  I hate overthinking, so can someone clarify which combination is the right one for an i4 sedan?  Gracias.

Legend and V6 Brackets are the same so I assume that you can use the rotors from any. I used rotors for a V6 auto, the rotors from the 6 speed are a little bigger. Tim successfully installed the same exact calipers you have with legend rotors so why not imitate his set up?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: May 16, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »

Here's the thing.  You can't use the V6 rotors on an i4 because the hub is different and the caliper placement isn't the same.  When I tested with i4 Accord rotors, they were the right diameter, but the wrong offset, so the pads were only touching one side of the rotor.  When I tested the V6 Accord rotors, they were the right offset, but wrong diameter, so the rotor hit the caliper.  I found out what the working offset and diameter was on each rotor, and plugged that into Brembo's look up tool and came up with the Legend LS Coupe rotors.  That's why I used them.  I test fit them and they worked perfectly.  End of story.  No need to question it, just do what works.  Figure out what rotors and pads you want, get them for the Legend GS and call it a day.  It's really not as complicated as you've made it out to be.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012