Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:27:54 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Fog Light Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 141776 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 17, 2011, 10:51:29 PM »

This is how you do it using all ebay stuff. I did it and it been working for the pass year. If you want to do HID on the fogs. Repin the H11 to 9006 using the connectors provide on the HID bulbs. Just rip those outs. Take out the heads, remove the OEM H11 and swap it. The 9006 is Left red, right black. Compared to the H11 which is left black, right red. It's opposite. Test it out and see if it work. If not repin them and swap the wiring again.

12v from either batter of cigarette wiring
trigger from TCS or moon roof Dimming wiring (tap it)

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 18, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »

So now that I finally fixed my fogs, I did the mod to use my fogs whenever I want (07 Sedan).  Using my OEM switch (with OEM wiring), I can now turn the fogs on and off with the headlight switch Off, On, or with Parking Lights.  Here are the Steps:
1) On the engine harness, remove the soled blue wire that you put in to the underhood fuse panel.  You will need to cut the pin off, extend the wire, and put a ring terminal on it.  Then you want to ground it to the chasis.  I actually have it grounded to the bracket that hold the fog light relay.
2) On the switch harness (in the cabin), you need to cut the red w/ black stripe wire.  I would cut this 8-10 inches back from the actual pin connector that goes in to switch.
3) You will notice that Pins 1 and 4 have the black w/ red stripe wire.  You need to splice/tap (I used taps...I know that people say don't, but I did) the loop with the the other red w/black stripe wire coming out of Pin 4, using a new wire (it acts as a bridge).  At this point, the wires coming out of Pins 1 and 4 are connected, but not connected the the harness itself since we cut the wire.
4) Next, you need to choose a spot on that "bridge wire" where you have Pins 1 and 4 spliced together, and run a wire from there to ACC/Hot (I used cig lighter). 

You are now done.  Any time that the cig lighter has power, your switch has power and you can use the fog lights as you wish.  I did not take any pics, but I can if I have to.  Just lemme know if anyone has questions.

P.S. timot_one is the man.  Not only did he help me fix my fog lights, he helped me figure this out (OK, he didn't help, he figured it all out and I just did the work, haha).
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 18, 2011, 07:36:11 PM »

do the lights still cut off when the car is turned off, or do you manually have to turn them off?

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: July 19, 2011, 12:12:40 AM »

work, haha).

Greg, you can use my real name.  Most of these mooks know my name.

do the lights still cut off when the car is turned off, or do you manually have to turn them off?

The way that it's wired, the fog lights will only be on when your car is on.  You will not have to manually turn your fog lights off when you shut your car off. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:16:52 AM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 19, 2011, 01:32:17 AM »

Oh ok Tim.

@Icebox, since the power to the switch is no coming from the cigarette lighter, it will cut off with the car since the cig lighter does not always get power.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: July 30, 2011, 03:47:14 PM »

I just merged close to 20 different threads on fog lights.  The majority of them were the same topic, how to wire them up properly or to get them to turn on in a different fashion other than intended by the manufacturer.  There is no reason for that to happen.  At this point, if you create a new thread about fog lights instead of posting in here, you will be immediately banned for one week.  Any fog light related post will now be in this thread only.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 30, 2011, 04:39:55 PM »

Seems like you were a bit bored and decided to do a bit of cleaning up. I like that they all got consolidated into one. This is why I spend most of my time here rather than other forums as they're all a fucking mess of repetitive shit. If only I had mod powers in those forums that piss me off to boot some dickheads and close up repetitive threads.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 22, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »

ok so i lost the brackets to mine on. whats a good diy bracket you guys have used?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: October 22, 2011, 03:48:58 PM »

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=2DR+LX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=FOGLIGHT+KIT

Tim
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 09, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »

I fucking hate wiring of course the eBay kit I have is the more complicated harness :/ my head hurts.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: February 09, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »

Austin, I suggested in your profile thread that you replace the eBay harness with an OEM one.  It will be less of a hassle.

Tim
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 09, 2012, 11:30:03 PM »

+1 to that!

Mine was so ass backwards that I had to have Tim rip it out and put in his extra one. If you got lucky and everything is in the right place you can just follow the OEM fog light directions located Here.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:31:54 PM by B.R.03EX » Logged

- Bobby
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 14, 2012, 09:47:18 PM »

Wasn't really sure where to post this question, but I wanted to know which wires are "hot" when the ignition is on, so i connect my fogs to it. Im trying to achieve a DRL. as of now the wire is tapped into the accessory, but i want the lights to be only when the ignition is on.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: May 14, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »

Wasn't really sure where to post this question, but I wanted to know which wires are "hot" when the ignition is on, so i connect my fogs to it. Im trying to achieve a DRL. as of now the wire is tapped into the accessory, but i want the lights to be only when the ignition is on.

Run it to your lighter like I did! Well I bi-passed the blue wire on the switch directly to the lighter since it is only active when the car is on.  Wink

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 14, 2012, 10:13:22 PM »

are you sure the cigarette lighter is only on when the ignition is on? im pretty sure i used my phone charger when only the accessory was on..

edit: you said the blue wire is only hot when the ignition is on...correct?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:15:19 PM by pbplayer257 » Logged
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012