Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:21:26 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **Royal Flush** UPDATE 10/18: Lowaaar!!!  (Read 21012 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2009, 05:57:48 PM »

It's your car, so if you're happy with the look, then run with it.  I just can't get over the lip of the wheel sticking out of your fenders and the tires stretched so much that they lip is sitting outside the tire bead.  I prefer having more meat on my wheels.  It just looks unsafe to me.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jdm_accord06
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
Jdm_accord06 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2009, 07:08:08 PM »

it is unsafe tim. But here in socal everyone runs these trendy set-up but so far no has had any problems and the highways/roads are horrid, with potholes and uneven pavement. Im stump as to how anyone drives here even with meaty tires. So the "hellaflush" set up is out of the question haha
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2009, 11:11:24 PM »

I'm gonna jump in and say, it scares the shit out of me that I am driving on the same road as cars that have wheel and tire setups like this. JT is not the only one. I see these cars around me every where. The tire is stressed beyond how they were engineered, the wheels look IMHO ridiculous and one misjudgement of a bump in the road or one tire that does not quite measure up to standards and not only does the owner run the potential to harm themselves, but also innocent bystanders  as well. Style for car shows is one thing, but when the car is driven regularly, I don't give a shit if it is only on weekends, it scares me to think that I could be a victim to this nonsense.

Sorry, but it is how I feel about it. There is a reason a certain size wheel and tire was designed to run on this car and why aftermarket wheels are made specific for certain applications.

Ask anyone from a firestone blow out...

Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2009, 09:28:36 AM »

Quote from: "skizot"
I'm gonna jump in and say, it scares the shit out of me that I am driving on the same road as cars that have wheel and tire setups like this. JT is not the only one. I see these cars around me every where. The tire is stressed beyond how they were engineered, the wheels look IMHO ridiculous and one misjudgement of a bump in the road or one tire that does not quite measure up to standards and not only does the owner run the potential to harm themselves, but also innocent bystanders  as well. Style for car shows is one thing, but when the car is driven regularly, I don't give a shit if it is only on weekends, it scares me to think that I could be a victim to this nonsense.

Sorry, but it is how I feel about it. There is a reason a certain size wheel and tire was designed to run on this car and why aftermarket wheels are made specific for certain applications.

Are you comparing the Ford "Exploder" controversy to Hellaflush setups, Scott?

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2009, 10:22:51 AM »

I think he's pointing out the fact that wheels and tires are a vital piece of safety equipment, and when compromised, can cause catastrophic failure resulting in fatal losses.  Basically, your wheel and tire set up is unsafe.  It's not the fact that you're running a low offset, wide wheels, or a large diameter.  The basic issue is that you've mounted a tire on to a wheel that it's not intended for in an unsafe manner.  Opinions on style is one thing, safety is another.  I'm sure if your state had safety inspections, these would fail.  I'm also sure that if you called the tire manufacturer and asked them about your set up, they would tell you that it is unsafe.  This is not a matter of fashion over function, it's more of an issue of fashion over safety.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2009, 11:09:49 AM »

I like those rims JT, but as others have noted I think you should move to a bigger width tire and correct your rear camber.  Otherwise I think it looks good.
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2009, 04:49:01 PM »

Thanks for the compliments and concerns. For safety reasons and based on my own personal decision, I will be putting my uberwides back on and selling these 225 tires until I can come up with a solution for a wider tire that doesn't rub. Really digging these concave wheels but I don't wanna kill or be killed. Will update this thread once I innovate something new again lol.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »

Smart move.  You should have some custom work done on your wheel wells I like did.

Tim
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2009, 08:03:04 PM »

Quote from: "Blackhawk"
Quote from: "skizot"

Are you comparing the Ford "Exploder" controversy to Hellaflush setups, Scott?

Unfortunately I am doing exactly that. Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. I am just one person with an opinion. I see you decided to look for a new solution, I applaud your decision. Too bad, there are 100's of others out there running the same type of setup.
Slammedk24

Reputation Power: 1
Slammedk24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2009, 09:01:03 AM »

I like it, and am jealous, I still want the rota D2's like Neal, but only in gold face. Good thing you dont have those skid plates like me. I rip mine off atleast once a week and i'm too stubborn to raise my car up, so I just keep fixing them and it hasnt messed anything up.....yet

Tory
"Low and Slow"
jdmaccord

Reputation Power: 7
jdmaccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2009, 11:43:19 AM »

love the ride slammed like mine. wise they were 19 and not 18's. I seen alot of 7th gen in Boston with 19-20s, 18 just look to small to me for some reason. But i love thoses rims. i'm looking at a pair of MRR myself for next year.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2009, 08:47:31 PM »

I am going to clear this up with the whole Firestone blow out. It is not Firestone's fault. It was clarified that Ford was at blame for recommending only 26psi of air in a top heavy SUV. The tire themselves have no problems. It is just that low psi on any car will cause a blow out. How many people check their air pressure once a month like they are suppose to? This is why some many Ford Explorer owners had the whole tire blow out. Firestone pretty much had to take the blame because everyone pointed at the tires. Everyone came to the conclusion that Firestone tires are crappy and that all of them will blow out. I work for the company, and I will back it their products. Majority of most blow outs are due to low air pressure or high air pressure in the tire.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012