Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:15:04 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **Royal Flush** UPDATE 10/18: Lowaaar!!!  (Read 21005 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2009, 12:43:43 PM »

Holy negative camber.  I say wider tires and raise it up a bit.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jdm_accord06
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
Jdm_accord06 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2009, 06:40:54 PM »

different tastes from different forums. Its mostly a socal trend to "flush" or "poke" it looks perfect the way it is. stay low and wide JT Smiley.
rip_cord

Reputation Power: 1
rip_cord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2009, 10:59:09 PM »

This poor redneck is very amused.  "CATFISH IS AMUSED.  NOM NOM NOM" Huh??

I loved the uberwides, but the current setup looks most daring.  Way to step up.

How do you drive with those???  Slow and low?
Did you have to use a CHEETAH to get them mounted?

Ricardo     SECM #2   fodo' fosilly
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2009, 11:16:36 PM »

Quote from: "Jdm_accord06"
different tastes from different forums. Its mostly a socal trend to "flush" or "poke" it looks perfect the way it is. stay low and wide JT Smiley.

Yeah I heard one Socal guy told me he was surprised I even attempted this since East Coast guys normally like the "hellasunk" look which is "hellaweak offsets" (as they put it). But yeah. Thanks for your input, Jdm_accord06.

Quote from: "rip_cord"
This poor redneck is very amused.  "CATFISH IS AMUSED.  NOM NOM NOM" Huh??

I loved the uberwides, but the current setup looks most daring.  Way to step up.

How do you drive with those???  Slow and low?
Did you have to use a CHEETAH to get them mounted?

Cheetah was used lol. And as far as driving. Like any other day. These Falkens were made for this lol.

This new setup has allowed me to go a full inch lower than I was on the 265s (Believe it or not). Lowered the Hawk a full 1/3" more today and I like this look the most. Better pics coming soon. Enjoy!

Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2009, 11:53:04 AM »

ok jt now your even lower...When i got my coilovers i was lowerd jsut like that and i scraped the bottow everytime i went over a bump. How are you doin in underbody clearance.

Thats what i am worried about

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2009, 12:06:02 PM »

There is no way to ride that low esp in a daily driven ride.
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2009, 01:05:11 PM »

Quote from: "slipkord"

Maybe in Mobile  :twisted:

Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2009, 01:09:34 PM »

Quote from: "Knocturnal84"
ok jt now your even lower...When i got my coilovers i was lowerd jsut like that and i scraped the bottow everytime i went over a bump. How are you doin in underbody clearance.

Thats what i am worried about

So far so good. No ridiculously huge bumps or potholes here in Cape Coral (Knock on wood).  :mrgreen:

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »

Quote from: "Blackhawk"
Quote from: "slipkord"

Maybe in Mobile  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2009, 02:51:23 PM »

wow, your roads must be smooth as a roller skating rink to drive around like that.  those rims would be toast within 30 minutes around where i live.  props, but... damn.

J u s t i n
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2009, 03:11:21 PM »

You couldn't make it into my neighborhood in July dropped that far lol. Looks good I still can't wait to see wider tires.
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2009, 03:42:44 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
You couldn't make it into my neighborhood in July dropped that far lol. Looks good I still can't wait to see wider tires.

Still can't wait to see someone beat my offset  :P.

Yeah can't complain, these roads are pretty damn spanky.

DV8mAn

I'm Tired...

Reputation Power: 4
DV8mAn pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2009, 03:46:07 PM »

Spanky?  where are the rest of the little rascals..  lol
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2009, 04:40:29 PM »

It doesn't count if they don't fit.  Any jackass can run a set of wheels with a lower offset.  If they stick out hella far and you're forced to run -5º camber to tuck your wheels, yet you still rub like a fat girl's thighs, it doesn't count.  I'm not ragging on you personally JT (because I know you have guns), I'm just ragging on the style because it fools people into thinking they've achieved something special that nobody else could.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2009, 05:10:32 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"

It doesn't count if they don't fit.  Any jackass can run a set of wheels with a lower offset.  If they stick out hella far and you're forced to run -5º camber to tuck your wheels, yet you still rub like a fat girl's thighs, it doesn't count.  I'm not ragging on you personally JT (because I know you have guns), I'm just ragging on the style because it fools people into thinking they've achieved something special that nobody else could.

I understand Tim. If there was anyone that would bash the whole "hellaflush" concept before it was me. I was one of the first guys to clear super wide wires without having to do much to the car, and still be pretty flush, and this is something that gave me ammo to question the guys running single digit offsets and tires more cambered out than Marty from Back to the Future. This is just a new innovative style that I've helped a few guys on the East Coast (originally a west coast trend) feel confident about trying, but perhaps more conservatively.

I understand my setup is pretty extreme, but I personally like the way it flows with the car now. It took me a while to get used to since I am accustomed to wheels being completely under the fender, but it's growing on me. Either way just part of innovation. I may go back to something more practical one day, but for now just enjoying this setup and the low cost of tires for a change. (Uberwide tires are almost $200 a pop). Do my views make any sense to anyone here? Thanks for your honest opinions guys, they are always welcomed.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012