Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:18:19 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Fitness Thread  (Read 161792 times)
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2009, 05:28:01 PM »

I know there are alot of sites on this topic but I'm just wondering who all in our CM community eats healthy and works out regularly.

I've been really tired for the past year and am finally sick of it. I'm sure im not the only one. I keep telling myself I'm going to the gym starting at 5:30AM tomorrrow and going to eat healthy from here on out but of course it never happens. I seriously lack the motivation so that's why I'm posting this, I'm hoping this thread can help some fellow CMers,including myself out and maybe we've got a few guys who have some stories they can tell us. Both my dad and my grandfather are way over weight, I'm not in that class yet, but I fear if I keep on the current track that I'll be there by the time I hit 30. The basic purpose of this thread is to help, motivate, and share experiences.

Before I get on my soap box, I'd like to hear from you guys.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:58:53 PM by slipkord » Logged
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 05:42:45 PM »

Funny thing is I just spent the last 2 hours reading on a fitness forum.  As a kid I used to be obsessed with fitness. Like when I was 7 I'd be outside doing wind sprints for an hour, speed jump rope, 100 push ups a night, 100 crunches a night, played soccer for 16 years and before the car business played basketball and soccer at least 3 times a week.  All of a sudden when I got in the car business 5 years ago all that went out the door, my smoking increased, so did my eating and lack of movement.  Granted my metabolism is still so fast(I think from all the stuff I listed above when I was younger) that I never really gained a pound but lost a ton of muscle and gained a tiny beer belly.  Well as some of you know almost 12 weeks ago I decided to quit smoking cold turkey and have been cruising ever since.  At the same time I knew that when most people quit they tend to gain weight so to prevent that as well as speed up the recovery of my lungs I decided to get back into working out.  I started out running 1 mile a day and as of now I'm up to 3 miles a day! I'm starting off with the cardio to get back into soccer and once I'm satisfied with that I'll move into other areas.

The point is you can do it! You just have to get out of your comfort zone where everything is easy. It's easy to say you dont have time, it's easy to not feel like it, and it's very easy to just lay/sit there. What I've told Ashley which also got her motivated to start coming with me consistently is you just gotta say Fuck it. When you sitting there thinking about it just say Fuck it and go ahead and do it at that very second so you dont have time to talk yourself out of it. Kind of like getting out of bed in the morning when you dont want to. Hope some of that helps.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 05:46:56 PM »

My dad and older brother both gained a lot of weight in their college days from drinking. Everyone says I'll end up the same but I've been skinny as a rail my whole life (way high metabolism). I think just being active and going easy on beer and real fatty foods will keep you in decent shape if you're already in it. You could always set up a schedule to work out and become stronger, once you see the results you'll be motivated. Take amplified creatine pills that they sell at GNC and stuff, it helps with your endurance and gives your muscles more water while you work out (assuming you drink a lot of it).

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you; I just hit my twenties and its getting to be that time where I gotta take care of my body or watch it go to shit. There's a gym right by my house that I was thinking of going to once or twice a week just to stay toned. I went on a lot of badass hikes when I went to Hawaii so I got a little more in shape and probably gained back some lung capacity from when I used to smoke cigarettes. It feels pretty good. Like I said the only way you'll really feel motivated is by seeing results so just push yourself the first few weeks and then you'll get into it.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 07:45:15 PM »

I run, bike, and occasionally lift weights. I eat pretty healthy and dont eat much because my metabolism is so damn slow. I dont drink or smoke. However, I am not tiny. I am thick but thats just because of my build, 5' 11" and 185lbs. I was a lot more active in middle school and early high school because I played basketball, tennis, golf, baseball, and soccer with the school. Then I started working and quit all of those competitively. I think just stopping playing all of those in a matter of a year is what caused my metabolism to slow so much. To sum it up I eat fairly healthy and I am active but I am not skinny or fat and never will be, hopefully on the fat part.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 06:37:51 PM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 07:58:54 PM »

Thanks for the input guys. I was extremely active thru high school and college but after getting married and having a kid it's all down hill. I was mostly 175 but have balloned up to 210, which ist bad considering I'm 6'2. I moreso want to work out and lose the beer gut, gain some confidence and maintain a higher level of energy. I'll keep you guys posted if I can get up and hit the gym. I'm going to take Derrick's advice and just say fuck it and go in lol
xodus

Reputation Power: 1
xodus pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 10:53:47 PM »

lacking motivation is mainly everyone's problem that wants to be in shape. What you have to do is just go in, and do it on your own and not rely on someone else because if you do , when they decide to not go as much or completely stop then your time of going will be reduced also, since your dependent on someone else. What you can first do is take a multivitamin, that will will help you to feel better,a proper diet, get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, and proper hydration because it is an important component of just about every function that takes place within us, water is the major part of our saliva, stool, and urine and it also cushions and lubricates brain and joint tissue. It transports nutrients and carries waste away from body cells, and it helps regulate body temperature by distributing heat and cooling the body through perspiration (blood is 83 percent water, muscles are 76 percent water and even 22 percent of bones is water. So average water intake would be half your body weight plus ten ounces. If not a gallon of water a day is perfect. If you want some nutrition tips and work outs let me know.

LS2 GTO =)
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 08:29:55 AM »

I've been a gym rat since I was 18 pretty much, and having a fast metabolism always prevented me from gaining fat weight on my time off. I just started back up last week after a tough 3 months of getting sick, hospitalization, car accident, and therapy. I have to agree with the multitude on the first 2 weeks being painful and tough to keep up with. However, after you are finally in tune with your workout schedule and a few weeks have gone by, your progress will definitely be your #1 motivator. It's all about getting over that 2 week hump.

-JT

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 09:09:29 AM »

Football practice starts tomorrow for me, so that'll really kill me the first week or two, but once that hell blows over like JT said, it's full sailing from there. I've been prepping myself a little the week before by running a mile every day. Not much, but I can definitely feel it. :P My biggest weakness is having poor lung capacity/endurance. I can dash for short distances, but if you make me run 1,000 miles straight, I'd die, lol.

ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 09:22:02 AM »

I have been in shape since I was a kid, since I've been boxing since I was 10... I started to work out w/ weights since I was 16 and use to hit the gym constantly, then I got married and had 2 kids and it got harder and harder to hit the gym. 2 years ago my cousin was murdered and I went into depression hardcore, started to drink and became a couch potato... A few months ago I saw a photo of myself in the pool w/ the kids and reality smacked me right accross the face..I was officially a fat fuck... huge gut and soft all around... that shit got me pissed as fuck... I figured dam I gotta do something to get back in shape & since the gym wasn't a option I have to work out at home... I came accross P90X.. I had seen it a while back but never put mind to it... I got it from craigslist for mad cheap... I eat healthy now.. a lot of water, fruits and vegetables... avoid rice, potatoes, bread, pasta, etc... I haven't posted the photos yet... but I went from a 51 inch waist to a 40 inch waist; my posture changed, my body is solid again; my face structure changed... it's a good feeling.. and I still ain't done.. you have to have Will Power to start.. then make a routine.. a hobby..  my wife is also doing P90x and she looks phenomenal..
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 09:30:17 AM »

Yo Rolo, that's good to know about the P90X. I've been reading about it, but didn't know anyone using that workout. I'm glad you're having those kinds of results.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ROLO

ROLO pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 10:04:42 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Yo Rolo, that's good to know about the P90X. I've been reading about it, but didn't know anyone using that workout. I'm glad you're having those kinds of results.

Wait till you see the photos man.. I love P90X wish I had known about it before..
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 10:11:26 AM »

You're into that workout a little over a month now aren't you?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ROLO

ROLO pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 10:57:51 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
You're into that workout a little over a month now aren't you?

Yup I have my day 1, day 30 and last week day 60 photos.. waiting for day 90...  :mrgreen:
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 11:30:04 AM »

That's awesome man. That's some pretty impressive results for about 2 months. Fucking 11 inches off your waist? Insane! I'm pretty stoked about this then.

slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 11:33:58 AM »

Yeah man that fucking nuts Rolo, good job man. Cant wait to see the pics.

As for me, I am eating better now and I honestly do feel better today. I left my damn shoes at work and couldn't work out this morning, I'm full of excuses....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012