Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:49:37 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Honda owners don't appreciate my car (recent pictures!)  (Read 8232 times)
stirfriedferret

Reputation Power: 2
stirfriedferret pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2010, 03:28:26 PM »

Am I doin' it rite?  I think I've owed you guys new pictures for a long time.  I finally got my suspension setup to the point where I'm happy to show it off.

I hate most of the current trends out right now.  Most are here in california.  This is my tribute to those ricers.  I'm going to get flamed for it, but I don't care.  Those on my windshield are the top ones on my list.  I missed a few big ones too, but whatever.  My whole windshield would be  full to the point where I couldn't see if I listed them all.

I've turned this picture thread into a sort of rant as well.  Not the first on this topic, but here's a few other trends that I hate; Negative camber just so you can 'tuck in' your rear wheels (note; only the rears) because you have -10 offset wheels on the rear, stupid license plate relocators (not for a practical reason), non-matching engine bay colors, side markers (did you know that honda owners in japan hate their side markers?), aluminum tow hooks that will break when you tow from them, people drawing on their front lips, and plenty more.  I pretty much hate anything that ruins the original cleanliness and lines of the car.  Sorry if you get offended.  I know my car isn't perfect nor am I myself in the position to say stuff like that, but oh well...

Comments and criticism welcome.
Oh and yes, I know I need a rear lip and fog lights or a fog light cover.  I'm actually going to turn my fog light bezels into brake cooling ducts.

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 10:25:04 PM »

BRIAN. I am in the same boat as you. I totally agree with you on all those terms.

You car looks good man. Is it ok if I rock Dampachi on my car? He is on the B-pillar.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »

Car looks great and I couldn't agree with you more!!!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:19:11 PM »

I was wondering why you texted me last night.  Then I was wondering what those blue stripes were on your windshield in the earlier pictures.  Now it all comes into perspective.  Ohh yeah.  Your center caps don't match your wheels.   :shh:

Just kidding.  It looks pretty good.  Ohh yeah.  Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 07:54:43 PM »

get an exhaust tip.... the little guy hanging out the back looks a little silly

stance looks great, maybe throw some fog lights in the fog light open holes in your bumper

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 11:21:25 PM »

Quote from: "NWINNIE34"
stance looks great, maybe throw some fog lights in the fog light open holes in your bumper

Reading PWNS you.

Quote from: "stirfriedferret"
Oh and yes, I know I need a rear lip and fog lights or a fog light cover.  I'm actually going to turn my fog light bezels into brake cooling ducts.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 11:55:21 PM »

Why brake cooling ducts?  Do you use your car to the point of getting your brakes hot enough to warrant having brake ducts?

I think fog lights would be more functional for a DD than brake ducts.

- Mark
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 10:56:52 AM »

i never understood the whole bike rack craze. 95% of the people i know with these on don't even own a bike and when you ask them why they can never give me a valid reason

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 01:16:37 PM »

i agree with your points, but why would you want to put tape across 25% of your windshield?  just keep a safe eye for oncoming traffic while turning left

J u s t i n
stirfriedferret

stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 08:32:09 PM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
BRIAN. I am in the same boat as you. I totally agree with you on all those terms.

You car looks good man. Is it ok if I rock Dampachi on my car? He is on the B-pillar.

Thanks.  Dampachi is fine with me.  I'm not one who can determine what people can have in their cars or not.  Tongue

Quote from: "timot_one"
I was wondering why you texted me last night.  Then I was wondering what those blue stripes were on your windshield in the earlier pictures.  Now it all comes into perspective.  Ohh yeah.  Your center caps don't match your wheels.   Tongue  Thanks though.

Quote from: "NWINNIE34"
get an exhaust tip.... the little guy hanging out the back looks a little silly

I'm planning on getting a muffler put on.  I still have all of my custom piping minus the muffler because I had to go stock for a ticket I got.  And yeah, I'm planning on getting fog lights or the oe grill cover to put in there.

Quote from: "alpha"
Why brake cooling ducts?  Do you use your car to the point of getting your brakes hot enough to warrant having brake ducts?

I think fog lights would be more functional for a DD than brake ducts.

Very valid points, Mark.  I'll definitely take that into consideration.  Especially since I don't really have the time to fabricate. Boo.

Quote from: "Knocturnal84"
i never understood the whole bike rack craze. 95% of the people i know with these on don't even own a bike and when you ask them why they can never give me a valid reason

Yeah.  I never understood it either.  I've seen some people put basket cases on top of there and strap wheels onto them too.  It's kinda awkward.

Quote from: "v6sicksspeed"
i agree with your points, but why would you want to put tape across 25% of your windshield?  just keep a safe eye for oncoming traffic while turning left

True.  I also ask the same thing to those people who put stickers on their windshields as well (stacked exactly like mine).  My mom took the tape off of the windshield. Haahahah.  She was worried that someone would vandalize my car.  Oh well...

suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 10:54:53 PM »

PREACH IT!

/chant

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 08:48:30 PM »

I take my bike around alot, I dont need a roof rack

A S I M O
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 11:43:41 PM »

Does your bike fit in your trunk? Mine doesn't.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 12:59:57 AM »

Quote from: "Asim"
I take my bike around alot, I dont need a roof rack
That's your choice.  Some people prefer a roof rack over a trunk mounted bike rack.  Unless you installed a tow hitch, you can't use a tow hitch mounted bike rack either.

And if your bike doesn't fit in your trunk, some people don't want to put their bike inside the car.

- Mark
MTsixspeed

MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 08:37:08 AM »

My full-size mountain bike fits in my trunk. I do have to put the rear seats down and remove the front wheel, but it fits.

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012