Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:20:06 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil in my coolant :(  (Read 2778 times)
lilb52x
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
lilb52x pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:55:39 AM »

Hi guys just wondering if anyone here has ran into this problem. I was swapping the oem intake manifold gasket for the hondata gasket and i saw alot of oil mixed with coolant. I looked in the resevior and there was oil on the rubber tube. My car isnt over heating or nothing it drives fine . It also
gave me the code p2183 the ect sensor. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone. thanks.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 12:25:22 PM »

A quick way to check is with a leak down test. If you're getting air bubbles in the coolant when you do a leak down test, then it's your head gasket.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 12:27:04 PM »

Not a 100% sure, but it's generally a blown head gasket That causes the oil and Coolant to mix.

Oh, Tim beat me to it.

Rich
lilb52x
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
lilb52x pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 11:40:22 PM »

Yes my heart dropped and that was the first thing that popped in my mind when I seen it. I was just wondering if there are any other possibilities. I guess I finally have a excuse to tell my wife that I want to do k24a2 swap quicker then expected especially since I have ktuner. Im at 202000 miles right now and my tsx has 224000 running great Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 12:05:26 AM »

Let us know what happens when you do a leak down test.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012