Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:16:58 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New K-Tuned Billet Accord Shifter  (Read 6528 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2014, 09:09:50 PM »

I'm not sure if any of you are aware, but K-Tuned announced their new billet shifter for the Accord.

https://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/mobile/home.asp#page-78

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:51:37 PM »

What are those actually doing ? are they like stiffer than oem ? like less wobble and really follow the H pattern of a shifter ? To who is that dedicated ? Daily drivers, performance enthusiasts or track car ?

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 10:13:50 PM »

They reduce slop in the shifter because the OEM box is plastic and tends to flex. The shift knob height is adjustable and it also shortens the throw when shifting.

It would be good for a road race car, but I'm sure it will be fine for a street car too. I'm planning on buying one for me car when they become available.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 07:27:43 AM »

Better link: http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/TSX-Accord-Shifter_p_327.html

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 10:08:37 AM »

Yeah in the meantime I found a video of the RSX Billet shifter that explains it all, great mod if the stock shifter box is getting worn of if you like to push your car very hard and not miss shift gears.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 08:13:24 PM »

It doesn't seem to have the same level of adjustability as the RSX shift box. Either way, it's a good upgrade for spirited driving, not just track cars.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 09:09:40 PM »

Are you looking for buying one Tim ? I Know you have quite a powerful car now, are you doing trackdays with it of drag races ?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 09:50:14 PM »

My car isn't that powerful.  It doesn't even have an engine in it right now. 

Yes, I am looking at getting this.  I was actually going to convert over to the RSX style shift mechanism on my transmission so I could use either the Hybrid Racing or K Tuned shift box because of it's increased rigidity and additional adjustability.  This doesn't seem to have the level of adjustability, but it does reduce the amount of slop common with the stock plastic shifter. 

My car is still a street car, that will probably see a little bit of time at the track.  I'm planning on getting this because I'd rather not chance a mis shift and wreck the transmission I just built.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 11:27:43 PM »

All right ! Too bad you guys live so far away, I would love to have a chat with one of you in a meet, come to Quebec it is a nice place ! (In summer at least).

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »

I've been wanting to visit Quebec for a while now.  I know it's beautiful there.  I'd definitely want to visit in the summer.  You're always welcome to look me up if you're in Ohio or Michigan. 

Anyway, I'm waiting to hear back from Mike at K-Tuned about this.  They're usually pretty good at answering questions and helping out.

Tim
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 05:54:47 PM »

I would be interested in this for my car.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 06:33:48 PM »

No you wouldn't.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 09:47:00 PM »

How would you know?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 11:47:49 PM »

With this shift box and upgraded springs in your shift mech on the transmission, you will definitely have crisper firmer shifts.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2014, 10:31:52 PM »

I'd know because you buy parts you never install Nelly.

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012