Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:01:45 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine Problems, Car wont start on random moments.  (Read 11915 times)
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

Reputation Power: 1
theycallme_og pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2013, 01:05:15 PM »

Hi everyone, just want to thank in advance with any help given.

So I am having issues on my 2003 Accord 4cyl Sedan Lx
The car has 236k miles on it, and has never had any issues.

Recently I have been having this strange issue when my car struggle to start and on some days it wont start at all.  It basically feels that I have a weak battery and its not giving enough power to the starter to start the car. So I  took that battery to AutoZone since I have warranty on it and they told me the battery is good and holds a charge, so then I used a multi meter to check if that alternator works, and its giving me a reading of 14.2v .  So that also work, so then I took off the starter and took it to Kragen so they could test it, and worked just fine.  

So now I am stumped,  any Idea what it could be?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:37:22 PM by theycallme_og » Logged
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »

So, let me see if I understand this. You turn the key to start and it turns but weakly. Correct? If so, have you tried jump starting to see if in fact your battery is bad?

Also, please post in the appropriate forum next time.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »

Sorry I wasnt sure where to post this problem of mine. Thanks for riderecting me.

But Yes, I turn the key and turns weak, but majority of the time it starts up..  But some times it doesnt..   But here is the werid part, for me to start the car I need to remove the key off the ignition turn on the headlights for a minute or two and try again to start the car and start up just fine..   

There has been only one time where I needed a jump and the car took a while until to start up.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 02:55:43 PM »

That is a weird one. Got me dude.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 03:34:59 PM »

Have you tried cleaning your battery connections or made sure that they're on nice and tight on the terminals? I had a similar issue a while back and that was the problem.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »

That's actually not a bad idea Nel. Sometimes you have those. It isn't often so you should capitalize on this one.

theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 03:53:51 PM »

Well when I removed the Starter to test it last night and I cleaned all the connections including the battery (it was a bit dirty) so we will see if I have the issue come up again.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:56:58 PM by theycallme_og » Logged
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 04:40:45 PM »

Hopefully that's the case and everything is resolved.

That's actually not a bad idea Nel. Sometimes you have those. It isn't often so you should capitalize on this one.

Thanks buddy! Much appreciated!!

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 05:38:04 PM »

Check your batter ground also. Make sure you have a good clean contact to the chassis.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 07:02:34 PM »

Check your batter ground also. Make sure you have a good clean contact to the chassis.

I will make sure to do that tonight and thanks again everyone for the input.. Hopefully its that simple of a fix..

I will keep you guys posted with updates.
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »

Ok so I am on the third day since I cleaned all the connections and I have not been having any issues, so f*ck yeah. Grin   but my check engine light came on.. so I am going to Meineke, they are offering free code scan read.. So I am going to take advantage on that.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 12:38:38 PM »

Good shit on the engine starting problems. Bad shit with the check engine light.

theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 05:23:14 PM »

Just got back from Meineke,    Sensor Code P0420 popped up, did some googleing and looks like my CAT is going, so going to take it off this weekend clean it out and put it back on.

Hopefully that resolves the problem.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »

That's not your cat. That's your secondary o2 sensor.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 07:08:49 PM »

P0420 is the code for low catalyst efficiency. I had the same issue with my set up when I was running a high flow cat.

Do you just have the stock exhaust or an aftermarket set up on your car?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012